Imerys is the world's leader in mining industrial minerals. CE Minerals is a division of Imerys which manufactures and supplies superior quality industrial minerals, mines and processes high quality alumina-silica calcines and a variety of fused minerals. We are hiring a Quality Engineer for our Andersonville, GA, plant.
The Quality Engineer promotes and executes quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality systems, quality plans, documents, and reports.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- Assists in developing, applying, and maintaining quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Serves as a resource to department managers and supervisors for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing Quality Assurance and the customer.
- Designs and implements methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Assists in process certification.
- Reviews customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensures that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develops, executes and analyzes quality-reporting measures.
- Reports to quality manager on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Reviews suppliers’ purchase orders and establishes supplier quality requirements.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assures that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Compiles, writes and delivers training material on quality standards and activities.
- Provides accurate data to customers corresponding to daily shipments.
- Performs database work in addition to hands-on, in-plant and customer location data gathering and implementation work.
- Oversees the sample submission program.
- Will implement and manage the LIMS system, which includes maintaining LIMS customer, product, and COA profiles.
- Assists with Gage R&R and other statistical studies as needed.
- Serves as a back-up for Quality and Technical Services Manager as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills including QA applications, word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to instruct, persuade, coach, and help others
- Ability to work individually, as well as in a multi-level team environment
- Able to manage time well
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or engineering discipline
- ISO 9001 quality system experience desired
- 3 years experience with the quality or production of mineral processing desired
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment. Some laboratory work is involved. Occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Typically dayshift, 5 days per week, but with some shift and weekend work possible. Impromptu overtime is to be expected to meet deadlines.
- Some travel may be required.
Imerys knows the ins and outs of mining rare resources. The company extracts and processes minerals into various industrial materials used...