Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence.
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely with our customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
MTS is seeking a talented Quality Engineer for the development and implementation of processes and tools to facilitate the quality and reliability of finished products, and to foster development and preservation of customer confidence in MTS as a favored vendor by demanding and monitoring adherence to ISO, TS, or other applicable standards.
1. Customer Care
a) Investigates and recommends relevant quality standards for proposed products
b) Supports Technical Marketing and Quality Manager with review of customer quality standards for
compliance and applicability
c) Performs failure analysis of customer returns and provides response in form of 8D or equivalent, as requested, to the customer
d) Supports Technical Marketing with customer visits to review customer processes, pinpoints failure
issues and recommends changes
e) Supports Technical Marketing and Quality Manager prior to and during customer audits
2. R&D Support
a) Reviews product documentation before release with engineering for completeness, clarity and
adherence to relevant design standards
b) Generates Design-FMEA with design engineers and highlights major failure modes
c) Generates Process-FMEA with Engineering and Manufacturing, and highlights major failure modes
d) Participates in creation of validation and qualification plans keeping in line with relevant standards
e) Creates validation and verification results package for internal and customer distribution
f) Participates in creation of production test plan and validates production test equipment
a) Creates production quality control check points and periodically validates production test processes
b) Develops inspection tooling and procedures, periodically audits production fixtures and tooling for
reliability and repeatability
c) Reviews and supports the creation of production work instructions
d) Monitors production quality statistics
e) Ensures timely failure and trend analysis of internal production “fall-outs”
f) Actively drives continuous improvement
a) Participates in new vendor evaluation and qualification to meet Sensors’ quality and performance
requirements. Monitors vendor performance
b) Validates vendor capabilities by first article inspection
c) Performs regular vendor audits and recommends disposition
d) Ensures timely and effective corrective actions for product failures in conjunction with responsible vendor as appropriate
a) Performs internal audits supporting the Quality Manager
b) Prepares under direction of the Quality Manager personnel for external audits
c) Supports Quality Manager for audit documentation completeness and verification of corrective or preventive action effectiveness
6. Actively participates with worldwide Sensor’s plants and manufacturing lines.
a) Participates in Sensor’s worldwide strategic initiatives for quality, production and automation
b) Shares quality data and failure analysis
7. Develops and provides training for TS16949, ISO-9001, inspection methods, reliability improvement,
statistical techniques, and good manufacturing practices in an electro-mechanical environment
8. Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position.
· Good verbal and written English communication skills
· Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions and technical documents
· Ability to make decisions with information available
· Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks
· Customer Orientation
· Team participation, often in multi-cultural and cross-functional groups
· Poised, professional ability to interact and communicate easily with all areas of the organization
· Assertiveness – demand quality
· Perseverance and curiosity
· Systematic problem solving
· Willingness and ability to travel
· Elective modules in Quality Management preferred
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Experience in the Mobile Hydraulics or Automotive Industry
· Completed ISO/TS 16949 Quality Standards training or Management System Certification
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...