This position is for Magna Seating Detroit, a division of Magna Seating.
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
Magna Seating Detroit is a world class supplier of seats for Chrysler, Ford and GM.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer manages customers and quality process issues in the production assembly area for a particular business unit. Provides guidelines and direction to Quality Technicians.
• Monitors customer’s written complaint systems regularly throughout the day.
• Investigates customer’s issues and writes corrective action reports; and institutionalizes corrective actions as needed on a daily basis.
• Reviews daily scrap and liaison’s reports and repair logs; and conducts internal audits and investigate actions to eliminate top hitters and drive solutions.
• Notifies customer Supplier Quality Engineer of major rejections immediately.
• Develops Control Plans and maintains on a daily basis.
• Conducts monthly Control Plan Line Walks.
• Develops and maintains APQP to ensure ongoing compliance to customer requirements.
• Prepares PPAP documentation and support for launch process and for any engineering changes.
• Attends, supports and communicates issues from NPPS meetings.
• Initiates Quality Alerts and coordinates communication and training for line immediately.
•Creates and maintains appearance manuals daily; and immediately communicates and trains staff on appearance requirements to ensure product shipped is in compliance
Knowledge and Education
Bachelors Degree in engineering, quality or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum of five (5) years of quality engineering experience in an automotive manufacturing environment. Experience managing customers and through the New Product Launch Process and in the evaluation, completion and submission of customer required documentation, including but not limited to control plans, FEMA, PPAP, lab packages/submissions, AAR approvals, PSO, 8Ds and run-at-rate.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and technical presentations. Working knowledge of statistics (e.g. Red XX, Taguchi Methods, Disciplined Problem Solving, SPC Gage R & R) and production quality systems. Demonstrated ability to track improvement process through performance data. Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines. Excellent problem resolution skills. Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint..
Magna - 20 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....