Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Columbia, SC
To APPLY: Send your resume in WORD to Sherri Buckner at
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Performs statistical analysis of new and existing
processes through the use of design of multi-vari,
factorial and performance experiments/testing;
identifying root cause of product defects and process
waste and recommending to management appropriate
corrective action(s). Evaluates all changes,
modifications and additions to product lines and
determines the effect on product quality and costs.
Coordinates the total Quality Awareness Program within
his/her business segment, informing all inspection and
management personnel of quality problems and solutions.
Reports directly to the Superintendent, Quality
principles and experimentation design, initiates
- Through the use of accepted statistical engineering
capability studies of processes to identify causes
of chronic levels of defects and remedy those areas
associated with a high cost of quality.
Department for the writing of protocols, data
- Provides functional support to the Engineering
gathering and data analysis associated with the
Plant Validation Program – including prospective,
retrospective and revalidation efforts. Conduct
process capability studies and/or process
optimization studies prior to validations.
trend analysis and recommends action to be taken to
- Acquires data from critical processes allowing for
maintain/obtain statistical process control.
within the plant in the following areas:
- To assure coordination of the overall quality effort
and process to assure compliance with all government
- Provides plant self audit information on the product
regulations (QSR, FDA and Contractual).
assure accuracy and adequacy
- Periodically reviews Quality specifications to
relating to product quality or process control as
- Formulates and implements policies and procedure
complaint issues that arise and make recommendations
- Provide test and statistical support to customer
on actions to be taken.
quality evaluations at vendor sites as required.
- Conducts vendor (equipment and/or raw material)
mathematics or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, sciences,
control limits, SPC, significance studies, P charts,
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing as a QE
- Working knowledge of statistical tools such as
probability studies, etc.
ability to accept responsibility and perform
- Effective Written and Verbal skills, with the
responsibilities with little supervision.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Six Sigma
Management Recruiters of Person County - 16 months ago