Develop and support plant wide continuous improvement strategies and cost reduction activities. Insure that the plant is meeting both Molex internal and external customer expectations. Provide technical support to Product Engineering, Marketing and Sales, Customers, etc. as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Facilitates and provides expertise in the development of FMEA’s, Control Plans, Qualification Plans, etc., for new or revised product and process development initiatives.
2. Actively support the new product introduction process (NPI) as the quality representative. Participate in Design Reviews, Design Verification, Design Validation and Production Release events. Review specific customer quality requirements and make sure these requirements are addressed and supported.
3. Facilitate, review and approve First Article Reports.
4. When required, perform statistical analysis for initial product and process qualifications.
5. Lead Continuous Improvement Projects by utilizing Lean, Structured Problem Solving, 5S, Mistake-Proofing and process Capability tools. Isolate and identify problem and negative trends in production areas.
6. Analyze processes to improve product flow, yields, and mistake proofing.
7. Instill a disciplined approach to seek out and eliminate waste at all levels of the organization. Assist the organization in waste identification and removal. Promote a waste reduction culture and mindset into all levels of the organization through leadership, utilization of proven quality improvement tools, establishment of applicable metrics, and support of training activities.
8. Evaluate effectiveness of continuous improvement projects or initiatives. Monitor results of these improvement activities over time to prevent back sliding.
9. Support and participate in the development and improvement of the quality system and related procedures. Participate in internal audits as required.
10. Monitor and assure the proper disposition of materials and products in Blocked Stock status.
11. Address and resolve external quality problems with direct customers and/or Molex selling entities (Quality Notifications).
12. Address and resolve supplier quality problems with external vendors or other Molex entities.
13. Have full working knowledge and understanding of ISO9000:2000 quality system requirements and IPC applicable specifications.
14. Supports Molex TQM program by following approved policies and procedures.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics or equivalent experience
Master’s degree in same
WORKING RELATED EXPERIENCE:
3+ years related experience in quality.
Experience in AQP/NPI and/or quality engineering in high volume product design and manufacturing group, with some level of lean experience.
Proficiency using tools such as FMEA, DOE, Structure problem solving, 5s, Mistake-Proofing, Process capability, statistical analysis. Demonstrating skills in teamwork, facilitation, and problem solving with knowledge of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
MicroSoft Office Suite
Problem solving skills
Knowledge of Statistics, strong organization skills to anticipate, plans, and organizes the self-monitor workload.
In-depth knowledge and skill of Lean manufacturing at all the associated tools.
Verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange information clearly and concisely.
Travel as required
St. Paul, MN 55103
Molex - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...