This position is responsible for the development, maintenance, and control of quality standards within the organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops Quality Control Plans. Responsible for the development of control plans to monitor and control production.
- Develops Quality Procedures. Develops procedures required to support quality function.
- Interface with vendors. Directs the activities of outside contractors in the development and monitoring of quality plans and quality reporting. Performs vendor audits
- Field Failure data analysis . Analyzes the failure data for defect trends and provides feedback to the manufacturing and/or design team.
- Process Data Analysis. Monitors process yield and quality data. Identifies improvement opportunities and works with other areas to develop action plans.
- Quality Reporting. Develops methods for reporting quality data to the organization. This includes development of data collection methods.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis . Analyze data and perform analysis to determine the root causes of problems. Work with Operations and Engineering team to develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Participate as a member of the MUELLER SYSTEMS Electronics and Operations Team . Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Quality Engineer. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position .
- Develop quality procedures, control plans, FMEA, and Gage R&R studies on new products.
- Investigates quality issues and drive corrective actions.
- Drives actions to improve vendor quality.
- Develops, reports, and analyzes process and product quality data.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
Technical Experience :
- B.S. degree in Engineering
- Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Black Belt
- 5-10 years of Quality Engineering experience in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with developing procedures, quality control plans, FMEA, LEAN, Gage R&R and root cause analysis.
- Requires experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Automotive, electronics, or molding experiences a plus.
- Project Management: Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identifies and addresses problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Innovate : Develops new quality plans and procedures. Evaluates new or modified approaches and ideas with an open mind; brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways. Looks for new ways to insure product quality as well as process thru-put.
- Computers : Extensive understanding of Excel and Access. Proficient in Word and PowerPoint. Understands how to manipulate large quantities of data using database techniques.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using a methodical approach. Has good understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, 8D, Pareto, and other quality tools.
- New product Introduction. Experienced with New Product Introduction. Ensures plans are in place to successfully launch products to production.
- Mechanical Skills : Intuitive understanding of mechanical systems and gaging.
- MUELLER SYSTEMS Operating Systems Principles and Objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Know all MUELLER SYSTEMS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems - including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...