About National Envelope
National Envelope (NE) is a leading North American provider of envelopes and other printed products solutions. With manufacturing facilities and distribution centers nationwide, National Envelope is a company committed to excellence in quality, delivery and service. National Envelope is an affiliate of The Gores Group, a Los Angeles based private equity firm.
General Summary of Role
The Quality Engineer (“QE”) will report to the Plant Manager for the location who reports to the Re gional General Manager responsible for all aspects of manufacturing and financial performance of the plant. Responsible for leading Quality Engineering improvement initiatives as well as focusing and aligning processes across the business driving improvements within the organization.
Their primary responsibility will be to work with stakeholders across the plant to identify and characterize and implement actions that would enable the business to improve quality in our business. The quality engineer will describe as-is and future-state of multiple business processes, design and document workflow and make recommendations that will positively impact quality. The individual will lead and manage a number of key process improvement projects, successfully establishing new systems and processes that result in measureable improvements.
This position will support companywide initiatives in business process improvement, process documentation and change management.
Experience, Abilities, and Responsibilities
Provides quality engineering support to ensure the timely production of a quality product. Conduct in-depth quality investigations using the 8D process. As well as manage the quality system in the plant.
Develops Quality processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow and process improvement activities in the area of quality.
Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develop, write and maintain work standards and statistical process control.
- Establish and maintain test specifications and equipment for finished goods, sub-assemblies and components.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 2-5 years related experience in a manufacturing engineering or quality engineering
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- A strong technical background
- Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite; ability to use Excel for cost analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers to define specific product opportunities and associated key product requirements.
- Ability to gather input from production personnel through team implementation of process improvements on the production floor as it relates to quality.
- Conduct 8D investigations and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Work with manufacturing on understanding the process issues that are causing quality issues in the process
- Complete understanding of problem solving methodologies
- A strong statistical process control background
- A clear understanding of manufacturing processes and in-depth quality systems
Travel – Travel will be less than 10% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, use hand/finger motions to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts.
Compensation package will include a competitive pay and an excellent benefit program which includes medical, dental, vision, 401kw/matching, and much more.
(1) One person needed for Westfield, MA
(2) One person needed for Scottdale, PA
To apply for this position please email email@example.com and apply on-line at www.natenv.com
National Envelope is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
National Envelope - 14 months ago
Pushing the envelope is this company's business. NE Opco, dba National Envelope, produces billions of envelopes a year, ranging from...