- Recognized Engineering Qualification. (Mechanical Engineering Degree Preferred)
- ISO 9001 Certified Lead Auditor/ ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
- Experience in business excellence/business process improvement, knowledge management and application of Risk Based Inspection Programs desired.
Minimum 10 Years Quality Assurance experience in the Energy, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas related industries. Excellent communication skills and proficient commuting skills are required.
Engineering & Procurement Phase:
- Further develop the Project Quality Management System.
- Develop the Quality Plan(s) and Quality Procedures for the various project execution phases (engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start up)
- Co-ordinate and assist in the development of project procedures
- Review/audit the integrity of the Project Quality Management System and procedures.
- Review/audit the integrity of the EPC Contractor’s Quality Management System, Quality Plans and Procedures.
- Maintain the project procedure electronic library.
- Establish and maintain the project NCR, Query and Audit Corrective Action Logs.
- Co-ordinate with Project Disciplines the closure of internal and Contractor Corrective Actions and NCR’s.
- Maintain the project NCR, Query and Audit Corrective Action Logs.
- Perform QA surveillance audits of equipment suppliers and vendors
- Monitor the effectiveness of Contractors QC and Inspection Activities to ensure compliance to stated specifications and standards.
- Monitor the adequacy of the Contractor’s Procurement Program and Engineering Review Program against project objectives
- Establish requirements for project documentation review, verification and approval
- Act as a point of contact for client on QA issues
- Inducts project team on Project Quality Management System
- Assures the Project Quality System is in place
- Implements Lessons Learned and improvement initiatives
Position reports directly to the QA/QC Manager and shall support the Project Manager and his team. Incumbent shall be assigned to the Project and be responsible for the effective implementation of the Project Quality Management System from the commencement of detailed engineering to project completion and turnover to the final asset holder. Initially the incumbent will be based in the Contractor Engineering Design Office, and shall subsequently transfer to the Construction Site maybe be required.
Key responsibilities include developing the project quality plan for the detailed design and construction phases of the project; develop and obtain agreement on the internal and external audit program. Perform internal audits of the project quality system to ensure effective implementation of the QMS/QP and perform audits on the integrity and robustness of the EPC Contractor, Subcontractor(s) and Supplier Quality Management Systems, Plans and Procedures. Maintain the project Corrective Action and Non-conformance registers and report on the effectiveness of the preventative measures taken.
Conduct quality assessments of the project execution plan for consistency with the Project quality policies and objectives. Review procurement technical specifications and provide quality inputs into the specifications. Review and approve the Contractor’s project quality documents and technical procedures. Monitor the site quality program implementation. Promote a quality culture for everyone involved with the Project and provide quality training to Project Team Members. Ensures project metrics related to the effectiveness of the QMS are collected and steward improvement initiatives.
PPI Technology Services - 15 months ago