Phillips & Temro Industries (PTI) is an international leader in the design and manufacture of engine starting and comfort products for the automotive and heavy duty truck industries, PTI distributes quality products in North America and abroad to customers such as International, Caterpillar, Cummins, Volvo and Daimler Chrysler.
We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join our Eden Prairie team.
The successful candidate will:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Serve as quality liaison with customers regarding PPAP planning and completion, customer complaints, general communications - establish and maintain a positive relationship.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities as it relates to product quality.
- Resolve supplier quality issues associated with defined product families.
- Act as a resource to the manufacturing floor to resolve issues that may have an impact on product quality.
- Take ownership of the quality system for assigned areas and projects. This includes: control plans, process capability studies, visual aids, forms and other associated documents.
- Develop and maintain prototype, pre-launch and production control plans consistent with the requirements set forth in the AIAG Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Reference Manual.
- Conduct capability studies and measurement system analysis; prepare visual aids to support with manufacturing quality criteria. Conduct audits to insure manufacturing process conformance.
- Maintain quality records that support APQP planning and the TS quality system. Develop and deploy forms and record retention procedures when needed.
- Take corrective and/or preventative action when the product or process does not conform to stated requirements. Take preventative action based upon the regular review of quality assurance data to reduce variation and waste.
- Investigate causes of non-conforming product and disposition appropriately.
- Support continuous improvement processes and activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality documentation compliant with TS16949 standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for growth with a company that is an industry leading manufacturer of a wide range of engineered products.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Quality Engineering, or related Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of progressive quality engineering experience preferably in the automotive or heavy-duty truck industry
- Experience in the following areas is preferred: ISO9001, TS16949, Six Sigma, PPAP, Lean Manufacturing, APQP, PFMEA’s, Gage R&R, 8-D Corrective Action, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, assembly, metal forming, die-casting, injection molding and electro-mechanical systems.
PTI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Phillips & Temro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The history of Phillips & Temro dates back to 1920, when James B. Carter opened his manufacturing business in Winnipeg, Canada. Over the...