Premier Placements is the #1 Resource for Manufacturers. We specialize in recruiting services for any position, ranging from Production Worker, to Senior Executive level positions.
Our client, through combined forces, is know as a world leader in the design and manufacture of aircraft engines, propulsion systems, & aircraft equipment and this particular sector provides support and resources for the CFMI OEM aspect. They are a Center of Excellence for MRO Component Repair for CFM56, GE and Turbomeca Engines. They are growing and feel strongly about promoting from within as well as are dedicated to the development and continued education of their team.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be accountable for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
This position requires a Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of experience working within the quality area. You should have a sound working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing with proven experience of operationalizing lean into processes by leading Kaizen Action Work-Outs. You most likely will be from the aerospace/aviation industry as you will need to have 5+ years of experience working with Aviation Engine Components , Repairs and Process Operations.Desired Characteristics
- Maximize the use of assigned resources to assist PTI in meeting its quality, schedule and profit objectives
- Establish goals, work plans, and budgets such that lowest cost and highest quality results are achieved
- Assure that companies activities comply with all applicable government regulations and contract requirements
- Assure audit of areas of responsibility for conformance to quality plans, systems, and requirements
- Analyze product losses, material review activity, manufacturing costs and maintain programs to meet objectives
- Provide leadership and management for the tooling calibration program
- Establish the climate that encourages an open two-way channel of communication whereby employees exchange ideas / suggestions and share information
- Provide multi-team leadership in developing and maintaining the Quality System to meet total customer, regulatory agency (FAA/EASA/CAAC/CASE/ISO 9001) and PTI needs
- Interface with customers and suppliers management relative to overall Quality goals, performance, status and recommendations
- Responsible for maintaining the internal Vendor/Supplier’s program
- Lead initiatives to improve product quality and compliance with system requirements
- Mentor Engineers and provide Quality leadership, advice, training and requirements interpretation to cross-functional personnel
- Support Quality Manager as a liaison between Regulatory Authorities and other functional organizations
- Lead Workout and process improvement teams, statistical process control utilization, Quality Stand-Down meetings, and other continuous improvement programs
- Conduct quality studies related to critical quality matters
- Responsible for the Shelf life, Quarantine, and Scrap program
- Provide direct Quality support to Industrialization activities and Repair Operations
- Provide quality leadership and direction to execute the Root Cause Corrective Actions and tools to improve process capability to eliminate defects
- Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Internal Quality Manuals, Procedures and Work Instructions
Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification is preferred and FAA
Repairman's License is desired
This is an immediate need and you will be contacted only if you meet the above requirements.
ZipRecruiter - 2 years ago