Reporting Line: Quality Manager
Location: Houston, TX
C ompany Overview
Proserv , which is headquartered in Aberdeenshire, UK, specialises in exploration & production, drilling, and infrastructure technical solutions and services to the global energy industry.
The company operates worldwide from 30 sites in 6 geographical regions namely North UK & Africa, South UK & Europe, Scandinavia, the Americas, Middle East & North Africa and the Far East & Australia.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager with all quality related activities within the organization. This position requires following direction of tasks assigned as well as having the vision and capability to initiate activities that help the organization achieve is overall quality goals in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Assist with quality related activities required for design and manufacture of products in accordance with the company’s ISO 9001:Quality Management System
- Review inspection data, address non-conforming materials issues and consistent follow up with vendors and engineering to evaluate root cause of non-conformities.
- Follow up with suppliers for non-conforming materials and completion of corrective action plans.
- Evaluate vendor’s quality systems overseeing site audits and manufacturing process capabilities.
- A comprehensive knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y 14.5
- High degree of knowledge of applications of statistical process control methods including shop based control charts.
- Oversee and participate in the production of periodic reports of quality metrics to senior management
- Participate in design control activities with engineering to identify quality related issues during the design phases of product development and modification. This will include the creation of Critical To Quality inspection method control sheets to define inspection requirements
- Manage track corrective/preventive action system and track corrective action activities and create periodic reports to executive management
- Assist in the planning of internal and external audits and follow up of audit closeout actions.
- Knowledge of industrial processes, particularly precision machine shop operations, plating and material testing methodology.
- Interface and coordinate with customers, external auditors, and project management to address/resolve quality issues and concerns relative to non-conformance and corrective actions.
- Read and interpret manufacturing drawings, shop routers, manufacturing specifications, and quality control documents.
- Perform quality techniques to track, analyze and report on materials, processes and products to ensure they meet the company's quality standards.
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with company QHSE standards and procedures.
- Interact and support a broad spectrum of personnel internal and external to the company. Work effectively and efficiently in both team-based and independent working environments to reduce costs and add value to the organization.
- Provide effective management of subordinates to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a relevant and equivalent engineering discipline.
- Three plus years in a quality engineering role with related accountabilities as listed above.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the aptitude to write and update quality procedures and Work Instructions (WI); and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications software.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:and 14001 requirements;
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- ASQ Certified Black Belt
Thank you for expressing interest in Proserv. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Marishia Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Proserv - 18 months ago
At Proserv, we are firmly committed to the health and safety of our workforce and those affected by our operations. All our business...