As a Software Quality Engineer you will be part of a highly motivated engineering team that is responsible for ensuring the quality of our newest Synacor products and services. In this role you will be applying your vast QA experience to thoroughly test (end to end) our cutting edge products. You will be designing and creating detailed test procedures (automated and manual) that will cover all aspects of testing and implementing those tests. This opening is your chance to work in the rapidly expanding field of digital experiences
This is for a position in Buffalo, but will require working with a larger team of QA engineers (in both Toronto, ON & Boston, MA) - the developers of the software components being tested are also in Buffalo, so this position is for a QA resource that will work closely with that Buffalo engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, plan, deploy, support and administer systems and implements appropriate tools to manage the company’s multi-site, 24×7 infrastructure
• Review and contribute to requirements and designs to ensure quality at the start of the development lifecycle
• Create a complete suite of test automation tools in a wide array of technologies that will be used by the QA staff to test Synacor’s products
• Utilize formal test and software quality assurance (SQA) methodologies to ensure tests cover function, regression, performance, error handling and stress capacity qualifications
• Identify procedures and/or tools that will improve SQA effectiveness
• Work with the development team to ensure tests are effective and efficient, while evaluating the test needs to determine highest priority and benefit.
• Participate in requirements reviews and provide high level input
• Review requirements to determine overall quality and assess touch points
• Review test plans written by off shore team and manage the prioritization of their projects
• Developing tools to improve the quality and productivity coverage and completeness of tests. Ensure test servers are built are operationally ready for testing
What you will bring to the table:
• BS in Computer Science at a minimum or relevant development experience
• Experience testing web-based or client/server software products using agile development methodologies (Scrum)
• Strong test automation skills including using engineering skills to build reusable, extendable, and robust libraries of test modules
• Ability to troubleshoot software defects and identify root cause
• Project Management experience an asset; Ability to coordinate, communicate and execute through all phases of the project lifecycle
• Ability to generate extensive, detailed, and professional project-related documentation quickly and on a regular basis.
• Ability to engage, partner and manage offshore project resources effectively to increase overall deliverables
• Proven cross-browser experience
• Exposure to mobile device testing would be a plus
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...