The Hartz Mountain Corporation
Job Description – Quality Engineer
This position is primarily responsible for all quality related activities associated with operations and distribution within the Genco Distribution Center. The position directly oversees the daily Quality operations of the facility and interaction with respective facilities. This position requires interfacing with a broad spectrum of people both internal and external to the organization to successfully resolve quality and process related issues of manufactured and supplier related products, along with implementing continuous improvement opportunities to the product quality, the quality system, and the manufacturing process.
Desired Outcomes/Expected Results:
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment, delivering zero workplace injuries.
- Deliver 100% quality work to established standards.
- Continually improve the processes to meet quality standards, reduce operating costs, and eliminate waste.
- Develop a flexible work team to sustain operational integrity at all times.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a quality/manufacturing position; food and/or pharmaceutical experience required.
- Possess the ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and resolve conflicts effectively and efficiently.
- Possess the ability to motivate and coordinate various quality and process system related activities in an efficient and cost-effective manner to ensure timely closure regarding quality commitments. Individual must be self-motivated, creative, and assertive.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both internal and external (i.e., suppliers, tech. support, etc.) by possessing excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Knowledgeable in planning, conducting various types of audits and inspections (laboratory, manufacturing, sampling plans/methods, system/documentation, etc.) and possess the ability to recognize potential issues in these environments. Knowledgeable with proper use/application of inspection equipment, QC sampling plans/methods.
- Strong knowledge of cGMP’s, HACCP, GSFI, and Food Safety.
- Knowledge of microbiology and plant hygiene processes and procedures.
- Knowledge in the fields of pest control and sanitation.
- Revise, review, generate, and monitor SOP’s, cGMP’s, Food Safety and GFSI Audit schemes based on documented audits, informal daily observations, and guidance from Corporate Product Quality System.
- Assist in providing guidance to local leadership and line management as required.
- Provide Quality Assurance and process guidance/leadership to define problems/issues, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventative action plans related to improvement initiatives/activities using statistical techniques & Six-Sigma/Lean methods.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the quality system. Propose process improvements to strengthen systems (both Quality and Distribution).
- Investigate and perform root cause analysis utilizing proven tools to resolve quality, process, and product issues.
- Provide support in the implementation of initiatives and adherence relative to the Supplier Quality Assurance program. This includes, but is not limited to interacting with purchasing/sourcing personnel regarding supplier corrective actions to ensure timely and effective closure. Developing supplier relationships that support continuous improvement and quality system initiatives. Develop best practices to effectively achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide training to various personnel to ensure quality system requirements are executed properly and consistently meeting regulatory/SOP requirements.
- Abide by all safety, quality, and company policies/procedures to ensure regulatory compliance to various industry organizations.
- Inspection of work in progress, the final inspection of produced products, the inspections of purchased materials, and the disposition of non-conforming items.
- Perform random inspections of the distribution center processes to ensure orders are filled properly and product traceability is effective.
Possess a BA/BS degree in chemistry, biology, or engineering from an accredited college.
The Hartz Mountain Corporation - 11 months ago
Hartz has mountains of products for pets! The company makes 1,500-plus pet care products, including nutritional supplements for birds and...