Lead Quality Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced quality engineer to join our Global Quality team. Primary responsibilities consist of managing quality related functions of a product category from inception through end of life.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- All QA related functions of new product development cycle
- Work with our Asian QA team on implementation and launch of products
- Complete FMEA’s, control plans, gage plans & R/R’s, etc
- Implement a post product launch monitoring program
- Root cause & corrective action on
o Safety concerns
o Warranty issue
o Field incidents
o Supplier issues
- Assist in managing product holds
- Continuous improvement activities that enhance the quality system
- Implement and improve SPC at key partners in Asia and other locations as needed. Provide training and continuous improvement support for those key partners.
- Manage larger issue resolution efforts.
- Improve quality systems within a global company.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Experience building and improving quality systems within a manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrate root cause and corrective action processes.
- Occasional travel to Asia and other areas as needed.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to see the big picture but also able to manage all the details when needed.
- Proficient in Excel
- Project Management, Minitab or Six Sigma training a plus
- Experience with new product development processes (FMEA's, control plans, Gauge R&R, drawing reviews)
- Bachelor’s or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 10 months ago