Lead Quality Engineer
Trimble is the leading provider of advanced positioning solutions that maximize productivity and enhance profitability for our customers. We are an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so, we are changing the way the world works. Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Work with engineering, component suppliers, and contract manufacturers to investigate, identify and clearly document issues related to defect analysis and corrective action documentation and implementation.
- Effectively drive continuous improvement and adherence to quality plan and systems.
- Prepare suppliers quality metrics and coordinate quality ratings for management review.
- Review and evaluate changes in manufacturing that impacts product quality and determine level of risk and appropriate action requirement for change
- Ensure that the quality process is in compliance with the ISO and [regulatory] standards.
- Drive and facilitate focused evaluation of quality problems with suppliers.
- Initiate and monitor CAPAs, and work with suppliers to achieve timely and comprehensive corrective actions in a manner that prevents reoccurrence.
- Continually work with suppliers to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans Interact routinely with Purchasing, Engineering and Suppliers to proactively improve quality of components.
- Analyze data and identify opportunities to improve supplier quality and service levels through the use of best continuous improvement practices such as Lean, Six Sigma.
- Perform supplier Quality Systems audits and provide support for supplier Quality Systems improvements. Write follow-up reports and recommend actions to resolve noncompliance issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-moving environment with changing priorities.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and good Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and perform in team environments.
- Proven ability to resolve issues and participate in process improvement activities.
- Experience/Knowledge in Quality Systems (ISO 9000/TS16949), Supplier Quality Management, 8D, FMEA, PPAP is a plus.
- Understand, promote, and encourage the full use of Remedy capabilities.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. In addition, Trimble Navigation Limited participates in the DHS E-Verify program. M/F/V/D
Trimble Navigation Limited - 12 months ago