The Quality Engineer understands and applies the principles of vendor-supplied product quality evaluation and control. This includes:
Required Education: BS Degree in technical field required, preferably in Engineering. Waived for incumbents with an established history of proven performance. Required to possess or be in aggressive pursuit of ASQ CQE or CQA certification.
- Performs technical analysis, evaluation, and testing in an effort to resolve quality related product problems.
- Works with associated individuals and groups to identify and implement effective corrective actions to resolve quality issues.
- Has a strong knowledge and experience with quality-related processes
- Application and analysis of manufacturing’s testing and inspection procedures
- Application of metrology and statistical methods to assess manufacturing’s quality control practices
- Application of quality cost concepts and techniques
Key Job Elements: •2-4 years of experience as a quality assurance engineer (with an electronics manufacturer preferred)
- Participates within the organization in Advanced Quality Planning
oFirst Article Inspections
oApplies metrology and statistical measurement to problem analysis and propose methodology and statistical methods to improve the organization’s quality levels via process control methods such as capability analysis, system effectiveness, etc…
- Understands quality costs concepts and the impact on the business
- Verifies that the organization is utilizing optimized inspection sampling plans
- Analyzes data relevant to the organization and generates performance improvement conclusions and reports to show findings
- Develops, operates and maintains audit systems which assures approved quality levels and standards to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
- Leads and drives Quality Assurance and Improvement activities within their assigned suppliers
oImproves procedures, instructions, test methods and conducts measurement system analysis, as appropriate
oHelps to determine root cause of the problem
oWorks with internally or with the Supplier Quality Engineer to effectively implement the appropriate corrective action
- Ability to speak and read English
- Knowledge of ISO9001, TL9000. AS9100, TS16949 Quality Standards
- Electronics industry experience preferred
- Familiar with quality assurance methodologies.
- Understands root cause and corrective action processes, and how to lead root cause investigation (failed unit trouble shooting, fish bone diagram)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, instill continuous improvements throughout the organization.
Tripp Lite - 15 months ago
Outstanding product reliability and exceptional service have been Tripp Lite trademarks for more than 85 years. Tripp Lite's innovations...