It’s an exciting time to join US Farathane!
US Farathane is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer.
This position will be responsible for supporting the
entire Quality System including Customer Contact,
TS16949, QS9000, PPAP, SPC, MSA, APQP, FMEA, QOS, 8D
Problem Solving, Testing, Metrology, Layout functions,
Travel to Customer and Continuous Improvement Efforts as
well as all associated documentation. To assure the
proper development and implementation of “Advanced
Quality Planning” (AQP) principles and techniques (5
phase program launch, etc.) for all production
products/programs. This includes integrated
Manufacturing, Technical Services, Product Engineering,
and all other applicable groups into this system, with
appropriate participation, communication, and
documentation (including sign-off’s). In addition, after
jobs reach the production stage, the AQP will be
followed up and monitored for necessary modifications or
adjustments to ensure the integrity of the initial
system, including problem analysis and corrective action
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete Layouts and testing on parts for PPAP,
Problem Solving, etc.
- Establish, monitor and follow-up on required
product testing as required by customer, internal,
and benchmarking requirements, to assure
product/design intent, function, and integrity.
- Ongoing testing of parts (Functional, Dimensional,
Physical properties, etc.)
- Testing of raw material (Durometer, Specific
Gravity, Viscosity, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of most production activity
is necessary to determine appropriate preventative
quality assurance practices and to assess
performance against requirements.
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining
Quality Documentation, Customer Contact Reports,
Customer Sort Reports, Information Relating to
Concerns, Procedures, etc.
- Serve as focal point of contact for internal and
- Participate in cross functional teams in the
pursuit of problem solving and mistake proofing
- Travel and provide support to customers to resolve
problems. Must be willing to travel and be on call
- Interface with customer representative concerning
non-conforming material/disposition, along with
appropriate internal/external supplier problem
analysis and corrective action activities (8D, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and participation for
customer surveys resulting in desired approvals
- Develop visual standard system criteria for use in
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA
required safety procedures
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
(i.e. quality manual, associates handbooks, level II
- Performs all other duties as requested by the
- Communicate production and quality issues/concerns
with associates and supervision whenever necessary.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager in planning
facilities improvements and capital equipment
- Technical degree / equivalent experience.
- Computer literate.
- QS9000, PPAP, APQP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, QOS, 8D problem
solving and experience.
- Knowledge of quality systems and standards.
- Knowledge of inspection techniques and measurement
- Capable of performing Gage R&R, capability studies,
and reading blue prints.
About US Farathane:
US Farathane, a leading supplier to the automotive
industry for over three decades, designs and
manufactures highly engineered, plastic injection-molded
components. With new headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI,
we are a full service provider of value added design and
the highest quality solutions. We are built on a
foundation of service excellence offering our customers
world-class full service design, engineering,
manufacturing and quality control capabilities.
US Farathane utilizes a variety of custom and standard
materials in the following areas:
- Conventional Injection Molding
- Two-Shot Molding
- Insert Molding
- Automated Assembly Methods
- Conventional and Dual Durometer Extrusions
- Single and Multi Sheet Compression Molding
US Farathane offers an impressive compensation and
benefits package including:
- Job Promotional Opportunities and much more!
To be part of a rapidly growing company that offers
exciting opportunities that will challenge your
abilities, expand your skills and reward your
contributions, we invite you to click “apply” and submit
your resume for immediate consideration. Please ensure
that your resume reflects a detailed account of your
skills as they relate to the requirements of this
position. We are looking for candidates with
progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
Candidates for positions with US Farathane must be
legally authorized to work in the United States.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required
at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available
for this position.
US Farathane will not accept third party/unsolicited
resumes. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.