Description: Quality Engineer
- Initiate internal continuous improvement quality projects. Includes identifying needs and managing CI process.
- Facilitate effective corrective actions internally and externally. Includes dealing with internal personnel as well as customers, suppliers, etc.
- Support third party quality audits. Develop quality procedures to maintain controls of processes.
- Responsible for customer certifications and product measuring and testing.
- Effectively develop and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Transfer best practices, techniques, procedures and tools to peers and other process improvement teams.
- Apply Six Sigma tools and methodology to improve process capability and eliminate defects.
- Challenge conventional wisdom by demonstrating successful application of new methodologies to improve product and process quality.
- Investigate and determine root causes for internal and external rejections, implement preventive corrective actions.
- Develops, recommends, and/or implements systems that support the OpEx quality goals and objectives.
Provide systems at minimum costs for the control of quality. Apply feedback principles in development of detection, disposition, corrective actions, and prevention of recurrence.
Prepares documents to describe and communicate quality control systems.
Implements SPC techniques and provides training in use.
Analyze OpEx information and data feedback, and make recommendations for adjustments to product design, manufacturing process, equipment, or personnel.
Audit quality functions in individual plants to ensure conformance with established procedures and objectives.
Develops, writes, and implements OpEx standards, processes and procedures and conducts training in use.
Effectively achieves corrective action through proven problem solving techniques to provide ongoing feedback for OpEx improvement.
Consults with and advises any function affecting product quality to facilitate exchange of OpEx related information.
Develops and maintains effective working relations with other company personnel to ensure continued product and process improvement.
Maintain effective working relations with government personnel to facilitate improved utilization of government procedures as applicable.
Keeps informed of OpEx advances in industry for possible application within the company.
Responsible for maintenance, calibration, and safe use of inspection and test equipment.
Train, facilitate, and apply the concepts of quality and lean in production and support areas.
Train, facilitate, and apply Kaizen techniques through Kaizen events in all areas of the organization.
Mentor others in the application of OpEx tools and concepts with clear metrics and measures of improvement.
Promote OpEx culture throughout the organization.
Required Qualifications: Quality Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical field
- Three or more years of quality and manufacturing experience combined
Technical Competencies (Optional)
- Ability to apply Six Sigma tools and principles such as Process Capability, Gage RR, Design of Experiments, and DMAIC in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience facilitating 8D analysis and implementing corrective actions internally and externally.
Non-Technical Competencies (Optional)
- Understanding of quality function such as metallurgy, customer service, metrology, etc.
- Knowledge of various quality techniques such as SPC, DOE, PPAP, etc.
- Knowledge of various lean techniques such as VSM, 5S, SMED, Error proofing, etc.
- ISO/TS16949 requirements and elements of an effective quality management system.
- Knowledge of computers and software.
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency)
- Judgment and thinking (original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving)
- Personal characteristics (motivation and commitment flexibility, assertiveness, development orientation)
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Communication (verbal communication, listening, written communication)