The Quality Engineer provides technical support regarding manufacturing, design, supply, and customer quality. This position recommends and implements methods to sustain quality of products and corrective actions to establish control plans.
Essential duties and responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Design and develop quality assurance processes for the business segments.
Analyze and lead the evaluation of Warranty, Quality, and Service data including, but not limited to, scrap reports, vendor return data, and other sources, to solve product quality issues.
Identify improvement opportunities in quality and reliability of the products and components utilizing Lean Sigma methodology.
Ensure quality support to manufacturing floor activities, including but not limited to: A3 and 8D problem solving processes, lean sigma tools, process analysis, and monitor process control measures.
Research product quality to identify root causes of returned components and provide feedback on quality related issues to procurement, suppliers, and other business segments.
Communicate with project teams, dealers, and customers to improve product quality, customer satisfaction, and resolve quality issues. This may include the presentation of material and correction action reports or other implemented corrective actions.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Industrial Technology, or Industrial Engineering with 5-7 years of job experience and/or training with product/manufacturing process development; and/or combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Demonstration of statistical analysis capability and ability to apply statistical tools to drive test method validations and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma tools is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of product equipment within the manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Ability to apply root cause failure analysis and reliability evaluation.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Ability to provide accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify containment and permanent corrective actions.
ASQ certification as Quality Engineer and/or Reliability Engineer
Lean Sigma Green/ Black Belt Certification.
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/V/D employer
May 8, 2013, 1:06:17 PM
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...