This is a replacement position reporting to the Engineering Manager.
Basic Function: Accountable to the Engineering Manager this position is responsible to establish, implement, direct, and maintain Quality Assurance and Scrap Control programs and procedures throughout the various stages of manufacturing to assure a finished product with the highest quality possible.
Principle Functional Responsibilities:
1. Develop/maintain effective systems to achieve Plant and Company quality objectives.
2. Develop appropriate statistical sampling and/or control methods to assure desired product quality levels.
3. Develop and communicate effective quality performance metrics throughout the organization.
4. Identify adverse quality trends as evidenced by statistical analysis and assists process engineering and/or manufacturing personnel in the development of corrective actions.
5. Investigate, evaluate, and report returned product from customers.
6. Lead cross-functional teams in quality improvement activities (e.g. Kaizen Events, Root Cause Analysis, LeanSigma projects, etc.).
7. Perform related duties as directed by Manager.
1. A results driven individual who has demonstrated ability working in a high performance-manufacturing environment.
2. Proven experience in quality assurance engineering.
3. Must have good attention to details, but be able to manage the big picture and have a “make the numbers” mentality.
4. Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
5. Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
6. Critical thinker, with excellent analytical abilities.
7. Good written and oral communication skills.
8. Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills.
9. High energy demonstrates urgency and fast pace.
1. 5+ years’ experience in quality assurance engineering.
2. Strong database background, comfortable with a variety of software systems, including MS Excel spreadsheets and MS Access database.
3. Strong manufacturing background; able to understand and develop appropriate product specifications.
4. Must have experience in one of the following QS9000, TS16949, PPAP &/or FMEA.
5. Solid background in utilization of LeanSigma tools
6. BlackBelt or Greenbelt certification a plus.
7. Experience in rubber and/or plastic extrusion process a plus.
8. Previous knowledge/use of Minitab statistical software a plus.
BS degree in engineering or related practical science: with a strong foundation in business administration.