The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the parts produced at Zoltek can meet all customer expectations, and quickly and effectively takes action when non-conformances are found. The Quality Engineer will maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements, and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards. Main responsibilities will include:
- Examine feasibility to meet critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications, tolerances and methods as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Provide support to operations to ensure consistent application of quality techniques.
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerance, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Rapid disposition of any material that is held for quality issues.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Participate in the implementation of a quality system that will result in improved quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
- Ensure readiness for all internal and external quality audits.
- Assist in developing the annual audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as Internal Auditor and provide ongoing communication/reporting of results.
- Participate in external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits.
- Help oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
- Participate in quality reporting and management review process:
- Monitor the Periodic Review Matrix to ensure repetitive quality requirements are met.
- Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- 5-7 years’ experience in working in a certified quality management system (e.g. TS 16949, ISO)
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s
- Previous audit experience
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Technical knowledge of composite processing
- Formal training and previous experience as an Internal Auditor
- Project Management experience
- Certified Quality Engineer
Compensation & Benefits:
Zoltek offers a competitive pay and benefits package. Benefits include:
• Medical plan
• Dental plan
• Prescription drug benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Sick time
• Holiday pay
• Tuition assistance program
• Short term and long term disability coverage
• Employee assistance program
• Optional life insurance
• 401(k) program.
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.
Zoltek Corporation - 6 months ago
Over the past decade and more, Zoltek has enunciated a clear vision and a consistent strategy. We endured our dark years and we have been...