Are you someone who really wants to make a difference in the world?
Join our passionate team and spend your day helping people
change their lives and achieve their dreams!
California Cryobank ( www.cryobank.com ), one of the largest and most respected reproductive tissue banks in the industry, provides anonymous donor semen services as well as private storage of semen, eggs and embryos to thousands of people around the world each year.
Our subsidiary division, FamilyCord ( www.familycord.com ) is a top-tier umbilical cord blood processing and storage company recognized as a leader and innovator within the rapidly growing cord blood banking industry. California Cryobank Stem Cell Services is a leading provider of professional services to stem cell transplant centers and their patients.
California Cryobank is privately-held, with headquarters in West Los Angeles and branches in Westwood, Palo Alto, Boston and New York City. We have built a reputation of quality and caring for over 35 years and are poised for continued growth and success.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Improvement Coordinator. This position will participate in and/or lead performance improvement projects and act as primary performance improvement specialist using methodologies and tools (Lean, PDCA, Change Management, etc.) in order to achieve desired project goals and business outcomes. The Quality Improvement Coordinator also will contribute to the development of best practices and optimization of resources and tools within projects and across performance improvement efforts, as well as develop, analyze and report quality metrics for the organization and the department.
- Support organizational quality efforts and strategic goals
- Support the organization in meeting regulatory body requirements through process improvement (e.g. FDA, AABB, AATB, CMS, etc.)
- Facilitate and participate in performance improvement projects by providing a range of roles as required by the project
- Research best practices for technical and workflow practices
- Consult with subject matter experts and management to conduct current state assessment, gap analysis, and root cause analysis recommending solutions
- Present completed performance improvement projects to various groups within the organization
- Manage key stakeholder relationships through acceptance, planning and change management under the direction of the department head
- Work with the Corporate Development Department to calculate the ROI for projects, as needed
- Provide subject matter expertise to the development of training material needed to facilitate process improvement efforts
- Assist in the education of staff in data collection, data analysis and performance improvement concepts and tools
- Analyze data to identify trends, patterns and performance levels that suggest opportunities for improvement
- Develop data collection structure, method, plan and format to insure meaningful data is being collected, analyzed and displayed graphically in order to facilitate process improvement
- Maintain knowledge of organizational and Quality Management policies and procedures
- Write, review, and update organization policies, as needed
- Other job duties or projects as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, inc.:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Biological Science, or a closely related area of study and minimum 3 years’ experience in performance improvement using Lean concepts and methodologies required
- Master’s Degree (e.g., MHA or MPHA), Lean or other Quality Certification, blood bank, hematology, or andrology experience, and five years’ experience in performance improvement using Lean concepts and methodologies preferred
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point; intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Visio or equivalent software programs
- Very detail oriented & organized (individual will be handling multiple projects, timelines, and types of data where strong organization and attention to detail is crucial)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize without constant supervision and direction
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills to interact with peers, management
- Effective policy writing skills demonstrating the ability to read, interpret, and apply laws, rules, and regulations preferred
- Track record of successful team building
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
- Group health, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy - 17 days to start!
- Paid holidays
- 401k Plan, including Company Match
- Paid bereavement leave
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Public transportation/vanpool reimbursement (up to $150 per month)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Employee discount on cord blood banking with FamilyCord
- Fun employee events!
- Discount tickets (movies, theme parks, etc.)
- Flexible schedules (varies by department)
California Cryobank Inc.
Attn: Quality Improvement Coordinator
No phone calls please. EOE
Monster - 8 months ago