Quality Improvement Coordinator
About WellCare: WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. The company serves approximately 2.7 million members nationwide as of Dec. 31, 2012. The company employs more than 4,500 nationwide. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. A Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: WCG).
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
The Quality Improvement Coordinator provides support and project coordination for the Quality Improvement functional area.
Manager, Quality Improvement
Health Services / Quality Improvement
Columbia, MO 65203
- Provides support for the Quality Improvement functional area.
- Completes special projects or assignments as needed to meet initiatives and/or objectives of department.
- Assists and coordinates QI projects as needed.
- Maintains all department files in an organized, accurate manner.
- Assists with preparations for meetings by typing agendas, attachments and minutes.
- Maintains supply levels, equipment maintenance, communications, and records.
- Maintains and secures files of QI activities.
- Directs communication to the appropriate staff.
A High School Diploma
Special Skills (e.g. 2
- 2-3 years experience in medical office HMO or hospital environment performing administrative duties with a clinical focus.
- Experience with medical terminology.
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to manage work day.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Is a relocation package available?
WellCare - 19 months ago
WellCare knows that to get well, all you need is a little care. WellCare Health Plans provides managed-care administrative services to...