Under limited supervision, this position is responsible to perform a variety of routine inspection procedures to ensure quality at various stages of production. Inspects in-process and/or finished production assemblies and subassemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards. Working from blueprints, engineering change notices, or established operating procedures determines acceptance, rejection, or rework requirements or units. Prepares and maintains inspection reports and records. Requires the ability to interpret quality control specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to)
• Visually inspects electronics assemblies using various inspection equipment (Microscope, calibers, X-ray equipment, AOI equipment) or conformance to customer, IPC guideline specifications and any written procedures.
• Record inspection data accept / reject quantities to inspection forms.
• Take active role in Quality Department meetings.
• Perform product process/inspection audit within cell group as required.
• Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and efficiently; documents and reports quality issues during the production process to supervisor.
• Attends meetings, communicates regularly with managers and supervisors, attends special training, maintains a clean, safe work environment and communicates to supervisors safety hazards and issues.
• Follow all Company Safety and ESD Program requirements. Responsible to report all accidents, near misses, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions. Perform duties utilizing the required and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Full participation in safety training and the ability to understand and follow directions identified in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA), PPE Assessment, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and all Safety Procedures and Alerts.
• Properly handle and dispose all waste, including hazardous wastes that are generated in daily operations as directed by the EHS department. Communicates regularly to supervisors and managers, suggests and composes procedural changes, maintains a clean, safe work environment, and communicates to supervisors safety hazards and issues.
• Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
• Cross train in other areas of QC; assist other departments when necessary.
• High School diploma and 2+ years related experience in an inspection environment; preferably electronics.
• Capability to check work within close tolerances and ability to exercise good judgment. Good demonstrated attention to detail.
• Good computer skills with working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Ability to pass eye exam with a minimum 20/20 vision that may be corrected via eyeglasses or contact lenses as required. Eye exam is required annually.
• Ability to read and comprehend complicated blueprints, engineering change notices and other work procedure documentation.
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate in English language clearly both written and verbal. Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
• Willingness and ability to work in a team environment, assist other departments when workloads demand it and effectively work with all levels of the organization. Good people skills. Demonstrated ability to maintain positive attitude.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift and maneuver 1-15lbs.
• Ability to work with or come in contact with chemical, physical (radiation, noise, etc) or biological agents which may pose health or safety hazards if improperly handled.
• Ability to work 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and flexible to work weekends if necessary. Working in excess of normal shift schedule in a week and/or on weekends is required if deemed necessary for business reasons. The availability of all employees to work extra hours at the company’s request is mandatory.
Note: This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties/responsibilities to be performed by this Associate. The Associate may be required to perform additional duties within the capability of their skill level.
TTM Technologies - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
TTM Technologies - Global Leader in PCB & Backplane Assembly
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California TTM Technologies is a leading...