SUMMARY: The Inspector is responsible for inspection of products throughout the metal fabrication and finish processes. This individual should work to effectively identify causes of process-related defects with the goal of preventing recurring issues. Our goal is not to simply monitor process results, but to build quality into the products and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Must be assertive in identifying and rejecting poor quality components.
- Must complete all inspection documentation daily, including documentation of all checks that are performed, all issues seen, and First Article Inspection criteria.
- Identify and quarantine non–conforming material. Disposition and/or scrap material as needed and fill-out supporting documentation.
- Use time wisely to ensure all inspections are completed and documented in a timely manner.
- Perform inspection of fabricated steel parts.
- Conduct inspection of welded assemblies.
- Inspect of weld integrity and placement of welds.
- Inspect grind radius, surface finish, and edge preparation.
- Perform inspection of powder coated surfaces and thicknesses (millage).
- Monitor process parameters per Work Instructions
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when dealing with critical matters within the quality department. Be fair, impartial, and consistent in dealing with production associates.
- Understand and perform all duties listed in Work Instructions, IP and SP as required.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime daily or weekends or have their daily schedule changed with little or no notice
COMPETENCIES: Must be able to read and interpret a drawing of an assembly and must be able to interpret/implement written specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma, or equivalent, with 5 yrs. manufacturing experience preferred. Must have ability to interpret drawings and blue-prints and be efficient with tape measure and dial calipers. Welding and/or powder coating experience or skills preferred.
Language Skills: Must communicate effectively and clearly, with good written and oral communication skills.
Reasoning Ability: Must be capable of making sound decisions using data and visual indicators.
Computer Skills: Must be, or work to be, proficient using Microsoft Excel.
Other Skills and Abilities: Understand how to read blueprints and capable of reading and interpreting precision measuring techniques.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Handling and lifting of products during inspection. Positioning and transferring product from production line to Non-Conforming Quarantines. Product average weight is 250 lbs. Lifting and positioning covers onto trays - covers weighing up to 60 lbs. Quarantine of substandard parts- remove parts from welding carts transferring the substandard parts to the quarantine area. Parts can weigh up to 80 lbs. Employee must be comfortable with heavy lifting or physical labor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
- The employee must be willing to work in a hot and humid environment without air conditioning.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
See Job Description
See Job Description
EnerSys Delaware Inc. - 12 months ago
EnerSys' batteries are there when industrial-strength power is needed. The company makes stationary industrial batteries that provide...