Intermediate level of quality control inspector/auditor requiring math and problem solving skills equivalent to a high school education, course work in metrics and two or more years of work experience, or equivalent. Under limited supervision performs diversified bench or floor inspection of a variety of standard or custom parts, products or material that are being produced in-house or received from suppliers. Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments, including electronic devices. Checks color, finish, dimensions, hardness, density or other measurable or observable characteristics of materials. Performs detailed first article inspections following the installation of new or revised molds and dies. May recommend, write, or modify sampling and inspection procedures. May use statistical tools to chart variance.
1. Provide complete and accurate verification of conformance for manufactured or supplied product.
2. Document by initial or stamp, all verifications performed.
3. Verification of the completeness of supplier certifications.
4. Lead the quality efforts for specific customers as well as the general customer base.
5. To work at duties other than those identified herein as directed by management.
6. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Thoroughness and completeness of documented verifications.
2. Must have knowledge of GD&T and to have worked with CMM's
3. The ability to function in English and Metric measurement systems.
4. The ability to work with employees and customers alike.
**If they have CMM experience, it is major plus!!!!
McGrath Systems - 23 months ago