Perform timely and accurate evaluations and analysis of raw materials, products, processes, and facilities that support the efficient manufacturing and shipment of quality products according to specifications at our manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality as defined in plant and department procedures.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate samples from each step of yogurt production and approve for use in production or distribution using various test equipment, test procedures, and methodology.
- Hold product based on specifications and product knowledge.
- Prepare and add sensitive ingredients to product during various points of the process, including, but not limited to: culture, vitamins, minerals.
- Monitor and approve production equipment sanitation, start-up, and performance using control devices and tests.
- Monitor the environment of the plant using various test equipment and procedures and communicate results to operations team on a regular basis, to include, but not limited to: air sampling, swabbing drains.
- Perform audits on Good Manufacturing Practices in all areas of the plant.
- Prepare paperwork for use in reporting results to State Agencies.
- Maintain and calibrate test equipment using control devices and tests.
- Communicate with operations employees regarding issues, results, and status of evaluations on a daily basis.
- Utilize the Scientific Investigations Method through the course of daily work.
- Maintain a sanitary and well stocked area.
- Maintain good hygiene at all times.
- Baccalaureate degree in Life or Food Sciences or two years related experience required.
- Mathematics proficiency in using algebraic expressions.
- Computer knowledge is required. Knowledge of IBM Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access are a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to perform logical and rationale deductions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to follow procedures to detail and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Must be flexible with work schedule, willing to work weekends, and open to working overtime as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
10 Burton Drive
Londonderry, NH 03053
Job Code: LABTECH
Email HR_Resumes@Stonyfield.com , reference Quality Lab Technician
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Stonyfield is an equal opportunity employer