Barnes Group Inc. - Barnes Aerospace, East Granby CT, Division is currently seeking a highly motivated Quality Manager with a proven track record of successfully implementing and improving quality systems. This candidate will establish, monitor, and report on the application and effectiveness of the quality system at the Division. As the Quality Manager, you will play an integral role with current manufactured products and improving key manufacturing and business processes. If you are a self-motivated, effective and collaborative leader seeking to put his/her technical and management talents to use in a fast paced manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
Our Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Lead the expansion and sustainment of a committed quality culture throughout the entire value chain.
- Lead the translation of customer, industry, & regulatory into appropriate manufacturing & inspection methods and transfer them into standard work to ensure quality is achieved in-house and at suppliers.
- Manage pre-production validation package for Customer approval: First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Ensure the divisions and vendor’s quality system consistently meets or exceeds the latest customer and regulatory requirements, AS9100, NADCAP special processes, and all other applicable corporate and industry requirements.
- Ensure the customers’ specifications are adhered to, and parts are repaired to meet FAA, EASA or CAAC regulatory requirements.
- Lead containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions (RCCA); train and mentor other associates and suppliers to perform effective problems solving using standard tools (8D, 3P and 5Why, etc).
- Manage the divisional quality matrix, cost of poor quality to achieve business goals and optimize return on investment.
- Lead, participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams on process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve first passed yield; participate in other continuous improvement projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, Production Preparation Process (3P).
- Develop / refine advanced problem solving & process improvement methods & toolkit, and train employees in-house, across BA East Granby, and at Suppliers.
- Maintain strong communication with customers, internal management team, and vendors to ensure quality level is meeting expectations.
- Develop Capital Acquisition Appropriation Request (CAAR) to support business needs.
- Manage development and performance of direct reports.
- Excellent analytical and system thinking and effective in presenting such analysis and thinking to constituents in multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent influencing, conflict management, and communication skills (verbal & written) required and ability to implement sustainable change effectively.
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness (EI). Must be an effective change leader who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results.
- Effectively balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Proven project management skills; able to contribute to strategic decision making processes and drive detailed implementation plans.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent required; Black Belt certification preferred.
- Experience in precision machining a plus.
- Bachelor degree in engineering/technology required. Master degree related field or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing environment with a minimum of 5 years of proven managerial experience; must have cross-functional experience.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 6 months ago