Barnes Aerospace has an outstanding opportunity for a Quality Manager at its’ Phoenix, AZ location. As Quality Manager, you will lead and manage the efforts in developing and maintaining a world class quality organization at the Phoenix Division. As an integral part of the Division Leadership team you will also play an active role in strategizing and setting the direction for the Phoenix Division for meeting Customers and regulatory requirements and operational excellence, which will support continued profitable growth, in line with the Barnes Enterprise System (BES) philosophy. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
Our Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Be the primary customer-facing representative to receive customer quality requirements, ensure they are translated into ‘the way we work’ and address any conflict in requirements, ensure the business comply and effectively address non-compliances with correction, corrective, preventive, and systemic actions.
- Develop a Quality Culture, a Zero Defect & Zero Non Compliance strategy and plan, steer the organization to execute.
- Responsible for Supply Chain quality assurance. This includes qualifying suppliers, monitoring product and system performance, and verifying that they are in compliance to the latest customers & regulatory requirements, AS9100, NADCAP special processes, and all other applicable corporate and industry requirements.
- Drive improved quality performance with effective corrective, preventive, and systemic actions, and process capability improvement plan.
- Direct activities and continually advance the development of all direct reports: quality engineers and inspection.
- Excellent analytical and system thinking and effective in presenting such analysis and thinking to constituents in multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent influencing, conflict management, and communication skills (verbal & written) required and ability to implement sustainable change effectively.
- Proven project management skills; able to contribute to strategic decision making processes and drive detailed implementation plans.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent required; Black Belt certification preferred.
- Experience in precision machining a plus.
- Bachelor degree in engineering/technology required. Master degree related field or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing environment with a minimum of 5 years of proven managerial experience; must have cross-functional experience.