The Quality Manager is responsible to ensure product quality and reduce costs of quality. Direct and assist our Quality Technicians and production staff with In Process controls, receiving inspections as well as first article and customer specifications. Support the Plant Manager with maintaining a manufacturing process that remains within specifications and enhances production flow and on time delivery. Thorough understanding of process controls and quality gate systems to ensure quality at each step in the process. Maintains a key partnership relationship between our production teams and Quality Technicians and provides a high degree of response to meet our schedule and production requirements with a presence and leadership on our quality objectives out on the shop floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Ensure the implementation of effective quality audits, including root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and corrective actions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with customers, suppliers, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company onsite and elsewhere as required.
- Implements a standard of quality throughout our company’s culture to focus on customers’ continuous improvement requirements, new product development and subsequently ensures successful product launches and delivery.
- Able to facilitate and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Responsible with staff for all aspects of quality related records.
- Lead and direct the daily assignments and duties of the Quality Department.
- Direct ISIR and PPAP activities for new product launches and engineering changes.
- Leads, guides and trains employees on policies, procedures, quality related matters and company objectives.
- Assist other managers with other projects as needed.
- Ability to create and follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and control standards.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities with milestones
- Ability to facilitate orientation, supervise and train employees, to include organizing, planning, and controlling the placement of resources when needed to support production schedule.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems and statistical models for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to resolve conflicts and become a resource that adds value.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations for workforce and customers.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs for employees and leaders.
- Possess employee development and performance management skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate proper operation of tools, instruments, equipment and work aids used in performing quality related tasks.
Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety. Determine and enforce, through functional groups, quality and safety requirements in accordance with established company and customer requirements, based on current regulations and state of the art product development. Organize and promote companywide quality improvement efforts. Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability and safety.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Position requires the ability to lead, guide, and train personnel performing related work.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Production management including manufacturing supervision and materials management as well as wind industry knowledge will be considered a plus. Three to five years experience in managing technical personnel and complex activities. ASQ designations in CQM/OE or CQE preferred, CQA will be a plus. Demonstrated knowledge in reading and interpreting technical specifications including engineering drawings is necessary. These experiences should be gained in the areas of engineering or technical production operations and should include a minimum of two years in quality management. Must have a proficiency in Microsoft Office and network environment.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 2 years ago