Quality Manager implements and manages quality programs and initiatives across the company. (S)he is a consultant to management on all quality related issues, assisting the Division or functional leader(s) in maintaining programs and initiatives as needed. A critical aspect of this position is the continual review of implemented quality programs to ensure continued conformance and support of overall business goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Deliverables
Provides management support for the HNA ISO, Nuclear and AAR quality systems in accordance with the company’s goals and objectives.
Generate various required management reports, e.g. CAR status and aging, audit response status, etc. in order to provide metrics to monitor continued process improvement.
Manages and facilitates the resolution of customer complaints with the goal of satisfying customers.
Manages and participates in regulatory, internal, customer and third party audits in collaboration with other quality staff at all sites to fulfil various quality program requirements.
Manages and facilitates internal document control for the applicable site to fulfil quality program requirements.
Interfaces with customers, planning and executing visits to customer locations.
Manages and facilitates the non-conformance, corrective and preventive action programs in collaboration with other senior quality staff and associated management at applicable site.
Provides budget input for program auditing activities, training, travel, and consulting to meet financial goals.
Manages and coordinates inspection of incoming material and in-process and final inspections of production material to meet internal and external customer requirements, ensuring qualifications are maintained to perform all forms of Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE).
Manages the local calibration program in order to ensure that internal and external customer requirements are met.
Qualifies new and existing suppliers and conducts supplier audits in conjunction with the supply chain in order to ensure the supply base is robust and complies with internal and external customer requirements.
Conducts contract review/quotation review to ensure that customer requirements have been identified and can be fulfilled by HNA.
Prepares proposal documents, when required, by sales or contract review staff in order to ensure HNA can fulfil internal and external customer requirements.
Prepares quality planning documents, when required, for customer and supplier submittal to ensure customer requirements are met.
Conducts supplier site inspections of products in support of delivery schedules.
Reviews supplier documentation to support customer sales orders and issues certificates of conformance for customer document packages.
Explores, develops and implements cost and process improvement ideas.
Ensure safe work practices are followed by consistently providing required EH&S training to all staff members, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
Become expert in applicable processes and associated documentation relative to area of responsibility and ensure all department reports receive required QMS training.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years direct involvement in Quality programs in a manufacturing or service environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator (both oral and written); proven collaboration skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Access. Comfortable navigating the internet.
- Qualification as a lead auditor.
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with customers and vendors.
- High moral and ethical standards; integrity is continuously apparent.
- Good analytical skills.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Professional certification (ASQ, ASNT, AWS).
- Additional quality and business certifications – Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Working knowledge and first hand experience in Nuclear Safety Related Quality programs, including 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, and ASME NQA-1.
- Working knowledge of current company MRP/ERP system
Primary Customer/Supplier Relationships
- Senior Management Team members
- Directors, Managers and Supervisors
- All other employees
- Audit agencies
- Governmental Agencies, such as the NRC
Environmental Working Conditions
- Stooping, bending, twisting
- Computer use
Up to 40% travel, mostly to North American destinations, including Mexico City.
Howden - 14 months ago