Purpose: Plans, directs, and performs quality assurance activities necessary to ensure product and process compliance with specifications and contract requirements. Responsible for developing and guiding quality assurance program plans, inspection plans and inspection equipment requirements in both manufacturing and development processes. Manages the corrective and preventative action process and manages quality communications with customers.
Direct Reports May Include: Quality Supervisors, Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers
Functional Reports May Include: Quality Supervisors, Quality Engineers, Supplier Quality Engineers and Inspectors
- Develops, implements and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Quality Assurance Manual and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001:2000, AS9100 standards.
- Perform all essential duties as the Quality Representative as defined in the QMS, including Management Review.
- Manage and direct the Quality Assurance Department of Engineers and Inspectors.
- Responsible for ensuring that all purchased material and fabricated parts meet established standards.
- Assure that there is an effective calibration and maintenance program for mechanical and electrical test instrument integrity.
- Responsible for the techniques and methods used, and personnel employed in the inspection process, assuring that products are manufactured according to required workmanship practices and standards.
- Responsible for final acceptance testing of all products.
- Coordinate quality activities with all other departments to include training, certification and process controls.
- Responsible for collecting quality data, data analysis and reporting
- Oversees non-conforming material process.
- Oversees site supplier/procurement quality activities
- Member of the design change board
- Chairman of the Corrective Action Board & Quality Clinic process
- FAA’s MIDO, FSDO and Europe’s EASA point of contact for the Company FAA Repair Station and Manufacturing operations
- Assures compliance and execution of FAIR and LAIR process
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able to write technical procedures, reports, and correspondence.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Must assist in proposal writing.
- Must be familiar with software configuration control processes.
- Must be familiar with power electronics aerospace and military standard practices.
- Experience with implementation and management of PPAP
- Experience with implementation and execution of PFMEA process
- Experience with implementation and execution of APQP process
- Experience with coordination and management of customer requirement changes and flow down
- Must be a team player experienced in working as a team to meet commitments and meet challenges
- Must be excellent at developing employees
- Computer literate with ability to develop reports, spread sheets and other required reports
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a manufacturing quality assurance environment.
- Four to six years supervisory experience with documentation and implementation of quality and continuous improvement systems.
- Must have application knowledge of military and world class quality specifications.
- Knowledge of Quality Control practices and techniques.
- Must have excellent working knowledge in military and aerospace standards.
- Willing to travel
- Walking, standing in a manufacturing shop environment
Meggitt - 24 months ago