The Quality Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of all process improvement projects and development of the QMS (Quality Management System). The QA Manager will review and analyze business process activities by using Lean and Six Sigma principals and then propose a well documented execution plan for improving those business processes. Based upon those approved process improvement proposals, the QA Manager will also be responsible for completing all training requirements and employee certifications. QA Manager will also assist in KPI reporting/monitoring, Inventory analysis, auditing, and other customer defined projects to support continuous improvement. Additionally the QA Manager will develop the QMS and complete AS9100 certification.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop the QMS policies, procedures and business manual; complete all necessary training and auditing; develop internal auditors; complete the AS9100 certification process
• Data gathering, financial and non-financial, to assist with the analysis and preparation of recommendations that will drive greater productivity, reduce waste, or eliminate duplication.
• Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to sustain the success of process improvements.
• Using DMAIC & Lean tools, develop process maps, flows, layouts, diagrams, graphs depicting manufacturing current and future state conditions.
• Work with production supervisors, warehouse associates, customer QA, purchasing, maintenance, engineering and sr. management members to understand detail operations, processes, material flow, and ERP systems software.
• Create metrics and audit processes to ensure established goals are met and process improvements are sustained.
• Organize and facilitate meetings with department-specific PI teams (NFI & Customer).
• Adheres to all ISO 9001/AS9100 requirements for project execution.
• Assists in projects as needed by the Operations or General Manager.
(Experience, Education, and Training):
• High school diploma or technical degree.
• 3-5 yrs experience in driving change through use of Lean principals (Process/Value Stream Mapping, Waste elimination, 5S, Poke-a-Yoke)
• QMS internal auditor or certified AS9100 auditor
• Six Sigma-DMAIC tools. (SSGB a plus)
• Document Control / technical writing
• 1-2 yrs MS Excel/Word/Power-point. (Visio/Access-DB a plus)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven track record of leadership and effective communications to ensure project success.
• Experience working as part of a team, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in manufacturing or aerospace industry
• Individual must be detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills, statistics background helpful
• Outstanding business communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others as a team player and builds business relationships throughout the organization
• Ability to provide industry advice and expertise to solve complex problems and issues
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without restriction
• Must be able to work in varying facility
• Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
NFI Industries - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -