Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is looking for a Quality Manager to join their corporate Quality team in Lakeville, MA.
The individual will support the Beverage network initiatives. This position is primarily responsible for leading the North American Beverage Quality Network. This position works closely with Corporate Research Sciences and our Plant Quality Managers in pursuit of continuous improvement of Ocean Spray’s North American Food Safety, Food Defense and General Quality Systems. This position provides project management leadership for network Quality continuous improvement projects, including capital if necessary. This position provides leadership in the development and documentation of HACCP Plans, Quality standards, specifications, regulatory contacts, crisis management, network project management, and technical change management. This position ensures that all corporate standards, processes and systems are documented and regularly reviewed for accuracy and relevance. This position assures document control processes and practices are in place and working, monitors corrective action programs and audits for compliance, and provides Quality leadership in commercialization of new products and processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures effective execution of Ocean Spray Product Safety & Process Control and Quality Operating Standards across the Beverage Network through compliance auditing and corrective action follow up.
- Works closely as a partner with Plant Managers, Plant Quality Managers and Receiving Plant Managers, providing guidance in a proactive manner on Quality Related Topics
- Responsible for the Beverage Quality Network--providing leadership and direction on network wide initiatives with emphasis on implementation and standardization of Best Practices
- Works within North American Quality Group to develop and execute Quality Training Curriculum and On Boarding
- Responsible and accountable for all Beverage Network Related Quality Document Updates
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the Technical Change Management process, ensuring the network effectively uses the process consistently
- Works closely with Quality Continuous Improvement Scientist to develop Quality Improvement Projects and the Statistical Process Control Program focused on top priority issues
- Provides leadership to the plants in crisis situations and ensures root cause analysis leads to corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for managing internal and third party audits.
- This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or a related science. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Candidates should have 7-10 years of experience working in quality roles within a food/beverage company.
- Experience leading quality programs within the beverage industry are essential for success in the role.
- Candidates should have experience leading large scale quality programs within a decentralized environment.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 15 months ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...