Printpack, Inc is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Quality Manager to support operations in Newport News, Virginia. General responsibilities include support of 24/7 co-extrusion and thermoforming manufacturing operations. The position will report to the Plant Superintendent.
Minimum required qualifications:
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- At least 5 years of quality experience in an operations environment
Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Supervisory experience
- Willingness to travel periodically
- Formal training in statistics and manufacturing quality methods
- Experience with ISO9000 Quality System administration
- Work experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Experience with food safety programs and certifications
This position also requires strong skills in the following areas:
- Administer the Statistical Process Control (SPC) program and serve as subject matter expert in SPC.
- Conduct capability studies on both new and existing products to help develop specifications and identify improvement opportunities.
- Lead the quality team in a manner that promotes continuous improvement, associate engagement, and a dedication to safe working conditions and behaviors.
- Maintain customer specifications.
- Interact with manufacturing associates to ensure quality procedures are clear and understood, and assist production management in ensuring that quality procedures are followed.
- Manage quality test equipment, including maintenance and calibration.
- Improve upon existing quality test methods and develop new methods as appropriate.
- Work with Product Development to develop functional product specifications prior to new product commercialization.
- Transition new products from Product Development into Manufacturing.
- Develop control charts and other quality test procedures to ensure product performance at the customer.
- Provide hands on assistance during the transition into manufacturing to ensure quality standards are met.
- Train operating technicians to recognize critical defects and perform quality checks.
- Interact with customers and visit as necessary to build relationships and to understand and resolve quality issues.
- Oversee the customer complaint system, investigate complaints, and provide feedback to customers.
- Interact with corporate quality group.
- Support continuous improvement efforts and implementation of Lean Manufacturing.
- Problem Solving/Designing
- Team work
- Motivating others