This role will provide leadership of Product Quality improvement initiatives and Quality System activities required in the development, manufacture and sourcing of small kitchen electric consumer products under leading brands such as Black and Decker and George Forman. This role works closely with New Product Development, our Product Engineering Center (Shenzhen based) and suppliers to coordinate and monitor corrective and preventative actions to assure that effective solutions are rapidly identified, implemented and verified.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Model the Spectrum Brands eight Core Capabilities to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
- Create and implement the quality requirements for product specifications.
- Drives the use of quality tools in operations and product development to NPD, Engineering and PEC employees.
- Use of Experimental Design, Problem Solving, Quality Function Deployment, Process Control , Gauge Control
- Develops and delivers Quality Engineering procedures and practices to the NPD, Engineering and PEC employees. Responsible to content, creation and delivery. Ensures content is up to date and meets product specifications.
- Assists in resolving major quality issues. Must pro-actively communicate issues up and down the organization to prevent business surprises. Must be able to successfully manage Quality issues with Retail Customers to assure customer satisfaction and the success of the business.
- Ability to implement LEAN/Six-Sigma methodologies to bring quality issues to resolution
- Will provide indirect leadership of diverse teams of technical, suppliers and marketing professionals to achieve assigned objectives.
- Position requires expert knowledge in Quality Engineering and Quality Assurance systems.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities
- Very strong analytical/problem solving skills and decision making/negotiation skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with the ability to quickly and positively influence others
- ASQ CQM, CQE, CQA certifications preferred
- Familiarity with Design for Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of successful ISO 9000 or QS 9000 registration activity preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Expert knowledge of analytical problem solving , decision making and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) required, a graduate technical degree / MBA is strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience of directly related technical experience in quality/operations required
- Experience with consumer products and related design/manufacturing processes (plastics, heated products, electrical components, cosmetic appeal, packaging, etc.) preferred
And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable names...