GENERAL FUNCTION: The Quality Manager of Enterprise Programs is a technical role within a service oriented Quality organization. This role will jointly develop the Test Strategies to provide seamless, predictable, and accurate delivery of IT Services at a program level. They will ensure this strategy includes visibility to quality, risks enabling strategic decisions, end to end testing strategies and efforts to ensure compliance to governance to QA COE validation and testing processes, standards and methodologies. As this role will interact with various levels of technical, leadership and partnership personnel the individual must be skilled in relationship management capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with Project Management office and IT to ensure alignment of service validation and testing stratiges with project methodologies, technical analysis of design and the ability to establish project test schedules
• Manage to the QA compliance to policy, standards, processes, procedures and guidelines for testing to be performed that is commensurate with the risk of the change being introduced.
• Measure, analyze and act upon KPI’s and additional metrics as required to help monitor effectiveness, enabling key release decisions and provide input for process improvements,
• Facilitate risk based analysis on testing, automation and defects to ensure focus, priotization and ensuring critical integration points with other processes and or systems are covered using application knowledge, architectural diagrams, data flow diagrams and develoopment input to contribute to decisions.
• Ability to develop capacity model assessment against estimations and resource needs to ensure quality
• Accountable operational execution, quality of testing and delivery to timeline, removing hindrances and impacts as well as ability to make decisions ensuring continued progress, resolution of issues and mitigation of risks.
• Manage disposition of work including defects, including obtaining acceptance of deferral and key decision points including leading the defect review boards.
• Lead and facilitate the End to End test cycles, coordinating business and IT resources to engage in the effort supporting features and functions
• Organizational skills to schedule, plan and support functional, UAT and production validation and testing.
• Ability to maintain an intimate knowledge, understanding and expertise of the application and functionality
• Contributing member of the QA COE council, assist in driving the Enterprise Quality Assurance strategy and vision across the IT organization, and facilitate continual improvement.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Supervises a cross functional, cross regional team of QA roles contributing to testing
• Responsibilities may include career development and coaching, performance management, pay determination and communication.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Requires 5 years of prior quality related project management/leadership experience.
• Requires 5 years of prior technical IT SDLC experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other relevant area.
• Experience in developing effective teams and fostering cross functional collaboration
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with ability to speak to technical, business and leadership resources
• Prior experience in rolling out a common test management methodology, defining testing standards and establishing a curriculum for all testing disciplines or continual improvement.
• Independent, Self Sufficient, Self confident, decisive, results-oriented, persuasive and influential.
• Familiarity with the Financial Services industry and regulatory/compliance guidelines for Financial Services a plus
• End to end integration, partner integration or vendor integration testing experiences a plus
Vantiv - 15 months ago
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...