SANDVIK MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY seeks a
SANDVIK MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY, a developer of innovative customer solutions and a world-leading producer of advanced stainless steel, special alloys and titanium products, has an immediate opening in its Clarks Summit, PA, location facility for a Quality Professional .
This high visibility position, with significant growth potential, will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the full scope of quality activities. The Quality Professional will be responsible to insure continued conformance with Sandvik’s Quality Policy, as well as ISO 9001 and ASME NCA-3800 standards.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The Quality Professional for Tubular Products is responsible for interacting with key suppliers, customers, sales personnel, and distribution center personnel.
Integral parts of this position include:
- Responsibility for the conformance to and maintenance of the Quality Management Systems, assuring the highest customer satisfaction from the supply of seamless stainless steel and nickel alloy tubular products.
- Develop the necessary procedures, work instructions and associated quality documents to ensure process effectiveness
- Provide technical advice, training, and guidance to sales personnel.
- Promote and facilitate process and quality improvements.
- Ensure that products and services are in conformance with customer requirements.
- Qualify and coordinate activities with key suppliers, including raw material suppliers and service subcontractors
- Coordinate internal and external audits and other key monitoring activities to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Support the company’s ASTM International and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers standardization activities.
- If the successful candidate has the necessary experience and credentials, there is an opportunity to supervise two Quality Engineers and a Technician.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelors degree in Engineering, preferably with an emphasis on Metallurgy or Materials Science. A minimum of two years prior experience in a Quality Assurance leadership role at an ISO 9001 certified site is required. Experience in ASME NCA-3800 or ASME NQA-1 is a plus.
This candidate must be able to interface successfully with customers, suppliers, and sales personnel. She or he must also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, using all forms of 21 st century technologies. Supervisory experience is plus. This role requires a highly motivated team builder, with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including annual bonus potential, competitive health, dental, disability and life insurance, paid time off , paid holidays, and an innovative 401(k) retirement savings plan, including immediate vesting, company contribution and substantial matching of employee contribution. In addition, we provide opportunities for tuition assistance, professional competence development and training to prepare employees for career advancement opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career and apply to the Quality Professional for Tubular Products position, Job Opening #316484 .
Due to the expected volume of responses to this ad, only those under consideration for this position will be contacted. EOE D/V/M/F
Sandvik - 20 months ago
Sandvik Coromant Company's tools are run of the mill -- that is, they help the mill run. One of three core businesses of Sweden-based...