Innovative Senior Care, part of Brookdale Senior Living, has an outstanding opportunity for an RN to serve as the Quality Review Nurse covering our Southwest, FL Home Health agency based in Sun City Center, FL!
The role of Quality Review Nurse is to support the efforts of the agency in managing quality of documentation through education and electronic review of clinical processes. Training and development of clinical staff in OASIS, coding and documentation competencies is a critical component of this role. Outcomes management through implementation of best clinical practices and working within a team environment will be the responsibility of the QRN. This position reports to the Director of Professional Services (DPS).
Brookdale Senior Living Inc., a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD), is the largest senior living provider in the United States. Brookdale s geographic spread, depth of talent, resources and access to capital are unmatched in the industry. Brookdale operates over 640 locations in 36 states.
If you want a rewarding career enhancing the lives of others, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living company. Learn more about BKD at www.BrookdaleLiving.com or www.InnovativeSeniorCare.com. You may visit www.BrookdaleCareers.com for a complete listing of our career opportunities.
Immediate Opening: Quality Review Nurse - Home Health
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Freedom Plaza Sun City Center & others!
Medical Benefits Start Day One ~ No waiting period! Great benefits package!
Apply online at www.BrookdaleCareers.com to job # QRN2sunFL131011
** Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and Drug Free Work Place.
Keyword: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Medicare Home Health, clinical review, HCS-D, COS-C, coding certified, coding certification, clinical review specialist, clinical supervisor, Grand Court Tampa, CB Bradenton, Freedom Village Bradenton, Southland Suites Lakeland, Clare Bridge Winterhaven, Hyde Park, Lutz
Education and Experience
*Registered Nurse with 3 years of experience in a home health setting and two years of experience in a clinical review role. BSN preferred.
*Home Health Coding Certification - HCS-D preferred
*OASIS Certification - COS-C or HCS-O preferred
Knowledge and Skills
1. Extensive clinical knowledge and proficiency in Nursing, Physical, Occupational and Speech/Language Therapy.
2. Demonstrated proficiency with Federal and Local standards as well as Regulatory Compliance with Home Health Conditions of Participation and Coverage Determinations. Demonstrated knowledge of Coding and OASIS.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage defined systems and process within ISC and successfully conveys knowledge.
4. Basic computer software skills including Word and Excel.
5. Ability to travel occasionally by air, car or other suitable transportation.
6. Ability and willingness to be timely, manage travel, and work schedules efficiently and effectively.
7. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands.
8. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment.
9. Ability to address staff, patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism.
10. Ability to respect the property of patients.
11. Ability to respect the privacy of patients and to refrain from discussing their personal situations and problems with other patients, particularly as it may relate to their health.
12. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities.
13. Ability to speak and write English fluently in order converse with patients as needed.
14. Willingness and ability to assist in planning and executing the evacuation of patients during emergency situations.
15. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...