The Domtar Quality Service Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement in product quality through collaboration with the customer, sales, and manufacturing.
The Quality Service Manager (QSM) is responsible for knowing the product quality requirements of Domtar products. The role includes knowledge of Domtars product applications, specifications, and other guarantees as well as knowing Domtars manufacturing capabilities.
The position is a traveling position.
Monitoring changing business conditions and trends in the marketplace.
Representing customers needs to manufacturing, sales, planning, and technology managers, at Domtar.
In particular, the key aspects of the position include;
Supporting customer needs and expectations
Supporting the Domtar Sales group
Supporting the Domtar manufacturing sites
Coordinating resources in effectively handling customer claims
Troubleshooting paper end use issues with appropriate technical and communication skills
Proactively work with customers in the proper application of Domtar papers with the use of best practices
Communicating customer priorities and trends with timely feedback
Applicants must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, verification of references and pre-employment drug-screening.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer.
* * * Candidates must be eligible to work in the US * * *
* * * No recruiter calls accepted * * *
- Bachelors degree in engineering or science relevant to fiber technology or environmental management
- 10 years of experience within a pulp and paper manufacturing environment, with at least five years in a leadership capacity; or 10 years of experience in a printing or paper converting environment with at least five years of leadership capacity.
- Highly developed strategic planning and analytical skills
- Strong skills in problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven interpersonal communication and cross-departmental communication skills, including effectively influencing and coaching
- Strong team building skills, including the ability to realize the benefits of diversity and working at all organizational levels and business functions
- Competitive compensation including an annual bonus potential
- Company funded pension plan
- 401(K) with company match
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Employer supported development and continuing education
Domtar - 10 months ago
Leaving a paper trail is Domtar's business; the company is North America's #1 uncoated freesheet paper manufacturer and...