Entry Level Quality Software Engineer
1. Position Overview
The Quality Software Engineer is a new role in KEJ and reports to the Quality Manager. The position that will be completing software Engineering quality projects related to our plant-wide traceability system (Valor) and overall Quality department. This person will participate as a technical resource on business projects responsible for achieving ROI.
The person in this role will spend the majority of their time developing reports for the quality organization, creating dashboards or tools to assist with quality, Supplier Operational Excellence reporting to name a few, and integrating the traceability system to automate, simplify, and error-proof processes for the quality department. To be successful the candidate must be self motivated and a quick learner, possess good communication skills, have a positive attitude, and be able work independently but be a team player.
Basic Background Requirements
This position will require
2. Key Performance Objectives
- Knowledge of shop floor control and ERP systems
- Knowledge of data base systems: Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Familiar with business and manufacturing processes
- Experience with front & backend software
- The ability to work with all levels of the organization (Operators, engineers, leadership)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Helpful, but not required is an engineering degree or other technical training
Short Term: (0 to 3 months)
Midterm: (3 to 12 months)
- Create and develop a system interfacing with SAP to track and data mine component failures
- Develop reports to access and deliver business/quality information
- Creating and managing share point sites
- Implement a solution for paperless within the Receiving Inspection department
- Manage and build a scorecard system for suppliers with reporting and data
Other (ad hoc priorities)
- Creating a supplier quality portal for suppliers to interface
- Creating and managing a dashboard for reporting of the RMA department
- Create a develop and automated self-functioning receiving inspection tool through SAP
- Create interfaces with Valor (traceability system) to capture and store quality data such as calibrations, ESD, MSD, FDA
- Implement an RFID solution which interfaces with Valor
- Implement a software solution for training videos
- Implement an easy lobby solution for guests and customers that is secure
- Various data extraction tools
Kimball Electronics Group - 23 months ago
Our Share Owners , Kimball is committed to providing Our Share Owners an excellent return on their investment. Profits are the ultimate...