Pacific Cycle Inc.
Quality Assurance Technical Specialist
Responsible for working with various departments and vendors to ensure assigned product categories comply with applicable safety guidelines, quality requirements and regulations in order to meet product standards. Deliver value by continually improving our products, business processes and quality systems to be more efficient and effective.
Director of Quality and Compliance
Product Development, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Sales
- Must be able to lift product and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Quality and Compliance and NPD projects to meet on time ship deadlines for all divisions globally.
- Participate in the evaluation of vendor Quality Management Systems (QMS) to meet business objectives.
- Provide data analysis and reporting for customer, supplier and product data relating to new products, returns, warranty and cost of quality.
- Coordinate with Dorel China to monitor vendor Quality Assurance (QA) on a daily basis and appropriate product testing.
- Research and interpret regulatory requirements of federal, state, and industry standards for assigned product categories. This will include International requirements.
- Develop Quality Requirements for product categories for Quality and regulatory standards.
- Communicate approved quality & testing standards to vendors in compliance with a document control plan.
- Coordinate with Dorel China to develop a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Action Requests (CAR) when a problem has been identified.
- Review consumer and retailer feedback to diagnose quality issues and work with product development and vendors to remedy issues.
- Develop relations with CPSC, ASTM, Health Canada, and retailer testing agencies.
- Review and approve packaging and instruction manual copy, service center guides and product safety labeling.
- Provide assistance to customer service, sales and authorized service centers.
- Follow internal control and company policies as set by Pacific Cycle and job function
- Contribute to the success of Pacific Cycle Inc. by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
- 5 years experience in consumer products quality and or compliance or regulatory function.
- Experience with Quality Manual and procedure development to ISO 9000 Standards
- Experience with Asian factories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (MS Office)
- QMS database or software experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in related field
- Canadian Regulations for Consumer Products