The Quality Supervisor directly supervises the quality assurance auditor team and has the responsibility for adherence to the Mastronardi Produce Quality Audit Program. Specifically, this includes the verification of outbound product quality and adherence to quality procedures and processes in order to provide assurance that product meets customer and statutory requirements as well as Mastronardi Produce requirements. In addition, the Quality Supervisor monitors and reports GMP/Food Safety non-compliances. The Quality Supervisor also has overall responsibility for the control and monitoring of the scales to ensure all scales are measuring product within established tolerances.
- Supervises quality auditors to ensure audits are conducted according to the Mastronardi Produce Quality Audit Program, e.g. audit methods and criteria are understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Prepares auditor work schedules in order to provide an adequate number of audits against product produced.
- Works with production supervisor/management to effect appropriate correction action when deviations occur.
- Collects, maintains and analyzes audit results against established parameters.
- Performs quality audits when required.
- Maintains the Mastronardi Produce Scale Calibration Program.
- Actively supports efforts to achieve and maintain SQF (Food Safety and Quality) certification.
- Performs any quality related tasks, special projects as assigned.
- College Degree and/or five years in a Supervisor/Management function ideally in the produce industry
- Quality Assurance experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of quality systems, HACCP, ISO 9001, cGMP, etc. considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills