Klein Tools has a 15|
5-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for a Quality Technician to work in our Rockford, MI plastic mold injection facility.
As a Quality Technician, you will actively participate in the process of laboratory procedures outlined by ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standards in accordance with ASTM F1505 and IEC 60900 for the testing purpose of insulated and insulating hand tools. You will also actively participate in the process of equipment calibrations, identifying areas of improvement within the quality system, and propose solutions to address them. Assists Quality Department personnel in the implementation of procedures and processes that improve overall facility performance.
As a Quality Technician you will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Conduct insulated tools testing per ASTM/IEC standards on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain laboratory equipment including preventative maintenance, calibration and new equipment procurement.
- Create and maintain test documents and records in Microsoft Word and SharePoint.
- Develop and modify work instructions and procedures as required within the facility.
- Work with production staff and plant management to analyze and solve problems to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Set-up quality checks on the production floor and train production staff on quality check fixtures.
- Create and control quality alerts and inspection reports.
- Schedule, perform, and document part layouts, capability studies, and lab tests.
- Issues corrective actions requests and verifies actions are effective.
- Prepare part sample submissions.
- Maintain and update scrap, PPM, and deviation reports and databases.
- Perform capability studies and gage R&R functions.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Maintain quality file system and job books.
- Create and maintain job sample boards.
- Schedule, perform, and document gage calibrations.
Klein Plastics provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Equivalent or experience in quality control equivalent to four years.
- Ability to complete certification requirements for TS16949 internal auditor within 6 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of Lean tools (5S, Kaizen, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with people, projects, and issues.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills; Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly
- Ability to work well with others, multi task, and adapt to changes in priorities and or situations.
• 401(k) Company Match
• Education Reimbursement Program
• Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Since 1857, Klein Tools has manufactured the world's finest hand tools. Today, Klein Tools is the #1 choice among professional tradesmen. We manufacture more than 3,000 tools and accessories, including pliers, cable and bolt cutters, wire strippers, voice-data-video tools and testers, fish tapes, conduit benders, drill bits, insulated tools, gloves and many other high-quality products. Klein Tools' dedication to quality and innovation continues with products available for professional tradesmen worldwide.
Klein Tools, Inc. - 2 years ago
Five generations of Kleins have had a grip on Klein Tools, a maker of non-powered hand tools. The company's products can be found in...