Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation’s quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
Supervises the plant documentation systems, which includes the control of quality systems documents (policies, procedures, work instructions, recordkeeping) and formulas (Optiva, SAP and floor formulas). Manages the plant internal audit/inspection and corrective/preventive action programs. Lead commercialization process for new products from special batch phase through initial production. Leads plant food defense team and oversees ingredient, packaging and finished product traceability and mock recall programs. Manages product and environmental microbiological testing program. Investigates plant nonconforming product incidents and consumer complaints, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts. Coordinates HACCP and food quality risk assessments and scheduled reviews. Develops strategic applications for plant data collection system. Provides quality training and awareness to plant employees.
1. 30% Manage documentation critical to quality systems, compliance and formulations.
2. 25% Manage internal audit/inspection and corrective/preventive action programs.
3. 20% Lead commercialization process for new products.
4. 10% Oversee traceability/mock recall program and food defense team.
5. 15% Lead food safety continuous improvement efforts (complaint reduction, program reassessments, data collection system, training)
· Manage Pepperidge Farm QA documentation including creating new documents, revising existing documents, determining training needs, overseeing the approval and distribution processes, maintaining document control database and coordinating document reviews. Manage review, storage and archiving of quality records. Fulfill requests for data and reports (ex. Corporate, environmental).
· Manage product formulas by creating/revising plant floor formulas, ensuring alignment with approved Optiva formulas. SAP Power User responsible for creating, activating and maintaining BOMs, calculating cases per batch information, ingredient shelf life monitoring, and creating batch assignments. Schedule and coordinate audits to ensure formula system integrity.
· Lead plant internal quality audit and monthly AIB inspection programs. Create and coordinate schedule, coordinate training, qualification and calibration of auditors, develop checklists, generate reports and follow-through with corrective action assignees to ensure CARs are completed, effectiveness is verified and audits are closed. Participate in programs as an auditor/inspector.
· Oversee quality aspects of special batches and new product launches by complying with PF commercialization process. Includes conducting food safety/quality risk assessments, participation in planning/execution and securing required samples and data.
· Champions plant traceability systems and mock recall exercises for ingredients, packaging and finished product. Executes plant-scheduled and Corporate-initiated trace exercises, including requests for mock recalls at the third-party DC level. Leads plant food defense team by conducting team meetings, audits and assessments.
· Lead plant analytical, physical, chemical, and microbiological testing programs by performing sampling and testing, reporting results, analyzing for trends and coordinating corrective action. Responsible for validation of sampling and test methods. Includes finished product, ingredient, process, shelf-life and environmental testing and programs.
· Lead investigations of in-plant quality incidents (foreign material, nonconforming product) and consumer complaints, identifying root causes and facilitating corrective action with plant teams. Interprets and reports consumer complaint data trends and facilitates action plans.
· Function as HACCP/CTS team member responsible for conducting risk assessments and organizing program reassessments for continuous improvement.
· Identify opportunities and design plans for expanded use of the plant electronic data collection system, anticipating future applications.
· Cross-train in other QA tasks to function as back-up to QA team members.
· Minimum education required: BS Food Science or related field
· Must have a minimum of five years experience in food industry
· Experience in the food industry plant environment with an understanding of manufacturing processes
· Practical knowledge and application of food safety principles (ex. Regulatory, HACCP, GMPs, AIB, food microbiology)
· Practical knowledge and application of quality systems
· Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Effective abilities in organizing and deductive thinking
· Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, able to master other software
· Proficient knowledge of SPC
· Able to communicate at any organizational level
· Effective presentation skills
· Promotes engagement & diversity
Up to 20 % travel
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 18 months ago
In 1937, Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker, began baking fresh bread for her allergy-afflicted son. She soon started a small...