Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Quantification Analyst for the Supply Chain Management Systems department in our Arlington, VA office. |
Crown Agents is an international development company employing over 600 personnel worldwide with a presence in more than 40 countries, subsidiaries in 12 countries, and permanent staff working on the ground in 22 corporate offices in Africa, Asia Latin America, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Crown Agents provides direct assistance, management consulting, and human and institutional development for public and private sector clients in customs and trade facilitation, public financial management, procurement, logistics, and health systems strengthening.
Crown Agents USA (CA-USA), the U.S. incorporated subsidiary of Crown Agents, provides direct technical assistance, capacity development, and procurement services to stimulate economic growth, establish good governance, and improve health outcomes across the developing world. Since its incorporation in the United States in 1998, CA-USA has provided technical assistance services and support to U.S. Government agencies and international organizations such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA), Department of State (DOS), and the Gates Foundation.
Role & Responsibilities
The Quantification Analyst (QAt) supports the quantification work of the Demand Planning and Inventory Management Unit. The QAt analyses forecasting and supply planning documentation submitted by field offices to support the technical review of field office quantification activities by Quantification Advisors. The QAt monitors and documents the use of the SCMS quantification tools by field offices and country counterparts and provides help desk services. The QA functions as a member of the demand planning unit at the SCMS Project Management Office (PMO) in Arlington, Virginia.
• Bachelors’ degree in pharmacy, public health, statistics, supply chain management or equivalent experience.
- Support field offices to develop reliable forecasts of consumption and supply plans for HIV/AIDS products:
o By ensuring the most up to date SCMS product list in xml format is available for Quantimed users to apply
o Assisting field office quantification staff to update PipeLine databases with the latest information on SCMS shipment status from Orion
o Provide technical assistance on installation and trouble-shooting for software tools
o Distribution of software updates to all users
- Support Quantification Advisors to complete and document technical reviews of annual forecasts and quarterly updates of supply plans from field offices.
- Maintain a log of field office quantification activities and submissions to Knowledge Tree and XRoadz CRM to ensure accurate reporting to PARC. Initiate follow-up
- With field offices on missing or late document submission as required by SOPs.
- Assess field office compliance with quantification SOPs and WIs and ensure quantification staff at field level are current with SOPs and WIs.
- Analyze data from country forecasts and supply plans to assist in the preparation of reports and data tabulations, for internal and external use as required by SCMS project staff, USAID staff in Washington, country USG teams, host country officials, international organizations, etc. under the supervision of Quantification Advisors.
- Develop and maintain high level skills in quantification methodologies and software tools such as Quantimed and PipeLine.
- Support the Quantification Team to document best practices, field experiences and work planning.
- Prepare and distribute a regularly issued Quantification Bulletin, the prime audience being the SCMS field office quantification staff
- Maintain content current in the DPIM Unit page on the SCMS website.
- Support Quantification Advisors with training in quantification methods and tools for field office and PMO staff and host country personnel, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience of data validation and manipulation.
• Proven ability to engage in detail-oriented, analytical tasks.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office suite applications, including pivot table functionality of Excel. Expertise and experience in Quantimed, ProQ, and PipeLine, or other forecasting software tools desirable.
• Experience in the field of health with a focus on HIV/AIDS, logistics, and/or development, a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a part of a team, but self-managing of own time.
• International development work experience, particularly with activities under United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funding a definite plus.
• English fluency required including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading; knowledge of other languages (especially French or Portuguese) highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, along with “14-18 Quantification Analyst”, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagents.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
Crown Agents - 9 months ago