Avant Energy, an energy management firm located in downtown Minneapolis, seeks to hire a Quantitative Analyst. We expect integrity, high quality thought, hard work and commitment to serving our clients. In return, you gain our commitment to your professional growth in the context of a stimulating environment of capable peers and effective management. A career path at Avant Energy is filled with opportunity for those committed to providing high quality service to our clients.
The Quantitative Analyst reports to the VP of Operations and works closely with senior management to identify opportunities for improving asset performance, and increase the effectiveness of portfolio risk management. This is a new position and an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to provide thought leadership and establish a rigorous and comprehensive program to optimize asset returns for Avant and its clients.
The primary responsibility of the Quantitative Analyst is to identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve asset returns and manage risk.
- Work directly with senior management to implement strategies for realizing opportunities
- Monitor results and effectiveness of strategies
- Monitor market signals and forces with a “big picture” view and careful attention to detail
- Develop, maintain, and enhance models of energy prices, loads, availability, weather, etc.
- Develop proprietary analytical tools for dispatching strategies
- Assess portfolio risk using appropriate tools and analytical methods
- Perform miscellaneous operating group analyses – e.g., outage planning, budgeting, etc.
The ability to develop an understanding of business opportunities in energy markets, often with limited time for analysis and data, is paramount.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline
- Broad range of strong quantitative analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work responsibilities effectively
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the necessary interpersonal skills and demeanor to collaborate closely with colleagues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to discuss technical subjects with a range of audiences
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Avant Energy helps clients manage energy cost and risk through our consulting services, energy trading, utility management and development of power plant projects. We are a multidisciplinary firm and are able to bring a broad range of capabilities to bear on opportunities. In addition to managers and project managers, we have professionals educated in engineering, finance, economics and law.
Our business is built on beliefs in human dignity, mutual respect, and integrity. We invest in people and relationships which allows us to provide our clients and customers with high value and innovative services. We take a long-term view of both our business and our client relationships.
Our approach to business is based on thorough understanding, sound decision making, and superior execution. Our collaborative environment develops and draws on the breadth and depth of individual talent in the larger context of meeting our organizational business needs and client expectations.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary plus bonus potential. Other benefits include full medical, dental & disability insurance, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, personal time off and personal development and training opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If your background shows achievement, demonstrates alignment with our qualifications, and you have an interest in what we do, please submit your resume, cover letter, college transcript and writing sample.
Avant Energy, Inc.
200 South Sixth Street, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Attn: Human Resources