The Quantitative Analyst II position will contribute to the development of Risk Architecture Management Information reporting for RBSCFG (“Citizens”). The candidate will work with Risk Architecture colleagues and business partners within the bank to develop dynamic, forward-looking management information reports focusing on the level and types of risk Citizens is taking and is willing to take relative to its risk appetite strategy, thereby enabling business executives to develop appropriate strategies for evolving risks.
The candidate’s initial deliverables will be focused on producing Credit Risk Management Information metrics for executive leadership, the Board of Directors and regulators which will enable them to reason about the business. The position will closely follow internal business developments within Wholesale and Retail portfolios, assessing the potential impact on Citizens risk strategy.
The position will:
Author monthly summaries comparing business strategy with performance metrics and benchmarking data, including commentary with supporting analytic evidence for Citizens internal Sr. Executives.
Collaborate with the reporting and analysis team members and business partners to develop and implement best practices for performance measurement and evaluation, and to contribute to a strong culture of information validation across the entire organization to ensure integrity of the message and supporting analysis.
Monitor industry and regulatory external developments and assess and document their potential impact on internal strategy.
Analyze and interpret financial, credit, treasury and RBS Group reports and external benchmarking standards.
Participate and contribute to internal discussions on identified issues in review meetings with senior management and internal stakeholders based on the content of the risk assessment and develop management action plans to close self-identified gaps.
The candidate must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, strategic and creative thinking. Writing and communication skills will be crucial as the candidate will document their work in executive level reports.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Up to 3 years experience in report development.
- Up to 5 years experience with data structures, data mining and numerical analysis, and report presentation using COGNOS or SAS.
- Strong Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills and Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Credit Risk Management - knowledge of credit risk assessment measurement and methods used by financial institutions for risk reporting. Knowledge of BASEL accord preferred.
- Project Management - Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking. Proven expertise in planning and executing operational plans, complex change-management projects and meeting deadlines.
- Technical Skills - Advanced technical skills required – effectively organize, summarize and query risk data platforms. Demonstrated competence with COGNOS and SAS preferred. Skilled operator of Microsoft Office application suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Candidates with knowledge of financial mathematics, credit analysis and accounting/finance will be considered more favorably.
Members of the Reporting & Analysis team work in a collegial environment, interacting with each other as well as Risk Architecture colleagues, portfolio managers, business lines, Treasury, Finance, and external vendors. Success of the individual in this role will depend critically on attention to detail, initiative, strong work ethic, and team focus.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Citizens Financial Group - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
We’re Citizens, in every sense of the word.
It’s our belief that a good bank is made up of good citizens. That’s why...