This position is required to prepare numeric analyses for structuring technically correct public finance bond issues that meet the requirements of the issuer and contributes to the profit objectives of the Firm. This is a highly competitive business and the quality and creativity of the analyst may be the determining factor in securing new business.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
- Ability to provide sophisticated, creative, numeric analysis to the Public Finance Departments in a timely manner, often with multiple conflicts or over-lapping deadlines.
- Thorough, in-depth knowledge of the technical procedures and legal requirements for structuring and selling new and refunding bond issues.
- Strong communication skills in order to communicate the results of analyses in a clear, cohesive manner to both clients and colleagues.
- Thorough knowledge of the Company's investment banking policies, procedures and security industry rules and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of computer technology and software to support the structuring of new and refunding bond issues. Ability to train and support colleagues in use of software when necessary.
- Strong background in finance, business, economics and accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and math aptitude.
- Successful completion of the NASD Series 7, General Securities Representative Exam.
- Provide Public Finance underwriters with creative financial and technically correct numeric and analytic support to secure new bond financing business. There is an emphasis on structured finance bond transactions, such as charter schools, multifamily housing and real estate based transactions with this position.
- Serve as a resource to investment bankers on FHA and Fannie Mae credit enhancement programs.
- Assist in the preparation of financing proposals. The creativity and innovative structuring applied to a project may be the key element in securing the deal. This requires keeping abreast of current and potential changes in tax law and staying current with other financing structures that exist in the market place.
- Serve as a financial consultant to assure an effective overall investment strategy for the underwriting and issuance of bonds. Prepare and present detailed financial plans incorporating both bond structures and cash flow analyses on an as needed basis for prospective and present clients. Assist clients in evaluating alternative plans regarding timing, size and specific structures that enable client to meet their financing needs.
- Monitor the bond market and recommend when to issue bonds and negotiate underwriting agreements with clients to sell their bonds at a specific interest rate. Recommend temporary investments for bond proceeds; track interest rates for issuers and advise when to refinance bond issues. This requires the position to stay current on ever changing economic and interest rate trends, government regulations, tax law changes and the political environment.
- Provide traders and salespeople with appropriate bond pricing and debt service schedules, financial analyses and background information at the time of bond sale through settlement.
- Assist Investment Bankers with various aspects of bond issue closings to include: review documents to ensure coordination with financial structure; assist clients and attorneys with preparation and completion of documents and schedules required for closings; fill in for investment bankers on occasion as the need arises.
- Prepare orders for government securities purchases used in bond refunding escrows. Prepare for and conduct bidding processes for escrow securities agreements as needed. Evaluate, recommend and assist clients in negotiating other forms of investments for bond proceeds.
- Serve as a resource to bankers in their individual efforts in modeling bond issues. Act as a technical resource for these individuals.
Davidson Companies - 14 months ago
- 21 hours ago
Black Creek Capital
Black Creek Capital
- 15 days ago
- 15 hours ago