What Drives You?
- Career paths with opportunities to learn vital roles and skills?
- Meaningful work in a stable, promote-from-within organization?
- Professional satisfaction and helping others?
- A workspace that is dynamic, fast, fun, and challenging?
We share your drive.
CARVANA, a subsidiary of DriveTime, is a company with the goal to completely change the way people search, finance and buy used vehicles by leveraging technology to create a 100% online experience. CARVANA offers start-up company ambitions, attitudes and atmosphere. We are looking for extremely talented individuals with a passion for helping people and are inspired to provide a truly exceptional experience one customer at a time.
About the Position
The Quantitative Analyst works together with Quantitative Developers to take company objectives and make them reality. This includes identifying, designing and building often complex solutions to interesting, unique problems. Quantitative Analysts work with the Quantitative Developers on the team to translate mathematical logic and statistics into production quality code, the web development teams to help integrate logic, the accounting team to identify areas for automation, the database teams to design the table structures that will allow for automated reporting as well as senior management to understand where the company is headed and the best ways to get there. A successful Quantitative Analyst utilizes a tool set that primarily consists of: logic, problem solving, mathematics, statistics and programming. Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing customer risk through various modeling techniques
- Building our vehicle pricing structure to generate a price for every car in inventory that reflects current market demand
- Building a scheduling tool to provide delivery options for customers
- Building the framework for generating loan terms where we give the customer as much freedom as possible in selecting their loan terms
- Building a model to value an unseen vehicle to place an online bid at auction
- Building an application for the buyers at auction to recommend vehicles and give prices in real time and integrate the tool with pricing and reporting
- Utilizing click stream data from the website to generate a model that calculates the similarity of any two vehicles and building a recommendation engine for consumers
- Designing various A/B experiments, analyzing results and making long-term decisions that will improve the product we are offering to our customers
- Determining the fundamental characteristics that drive profits and automating reporting to monitor those metrics
- Work within a dynamic, fast paced team to analyze all aspects of the business
- Identify areas for analysis, mathematical frameworks, or logical solutions
- Design and program quantitative models
- Work closely with IT to implement and test models
- Work closely with business managers to identify reports to be auto generated that support the model
- A true passion for problem solving and applying statistics, finance and logic to a wide array of problems
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics or a related field
- A background or working knowledge of advanced mathematics/statistics (regression, data mining, probability, calculus)
- A foundation in financial theory and quantitative finance
- Experience with statistical programming languages (i.e. R, Matlab)
- Experience with databases and query based languages (i.e. SQL)
- Experience with Excel and VBA
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a tobacco-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enjoy the Rewards and Benefits.
Great competitive pay!
Excellent medical, dental and vision plans (After just 60 days)! 401K match too!
Great training and tuition reimbursement!
We’re a unique, highly respected, nationwide company with a strong culture of promoting from within. This isn’t a job. It’s a career.
Connect With Us
DriveTime - 2 years ago
DriveTime is the nation's largest integrated car dealership and finance company for people in any credit situation. We're in a market niche...